HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:10:48 pm
Is it me going mad or have a load of threads just gone missing?

What is going on tonight?

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:14:56 pm
No threads or topics have been removed by Admins or Mods this evening - they may have been removed by the original starter of the thread - but certainly not by any Admin or Mod
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:17:08 pm
It makes for baffling reading at times doesn't it. The only thing I can think of is that ANZAC's been rumbled, and is now removing all threads started by him/her. Only a guess mind I couldn't really say for sure. Maybe a certain board member gave a different name to people he thought he could trust and waited for anything to develope on here as a leak. As I said only a guess but it sure seems that a certain somebody is back-tracking big style

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:17:26 pm
they where all started by anzac n i had a go at him in some as did others so that mite be it

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:21:14 pm
Lots started by 'ANZAC the Clown', but also a number started by 'Manc Marra' I think ?

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:26:47 pm
Chorley Blue and Gold, you are correct. 3 of the Threads that have been deleted were started by me, but not deleted by me!

Mrs Haven Warrior states that no Moderators or Administrators have deleted any threads, therefore I can only assume someone else has an overide facility on the Forum, official or unofficial.

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:29:14 pm
In that case WHO is deleting these threads?

Can someone please explain this?

There must be a way of tracing who is deleting these threads !!!!

Monte2carlo

Reply #7 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:33:45 pm
Doesn't the BOD have direct access to this web site ? I'm sure that Haven warrior mentioned this a few months back ?

Monte

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:41:09 pm
The Club have direct access to the WEBSITE and not the forum - Flannerz made it that the club could update the WEBSITE but they have no access to the Forum in a moderation/administration sense - they are like everyone else - they can access the forum and read the threads and posts but cannot remove or alter them in any way shape or form.  The only admins are myself and Flannerz - and as I have stated in another thread we have not removed any threads or postings.  I have checked the moderation log and there is nothing listed there as moderation actions by any admin or mod.

However, the threads can be removed by the originator of the thread - which appears what has happened to ANZAC's threads. So unless there is a glitch somewhere (I am not that technically minded and I am sure Flannerz will confirm or deny this) I have honestly no idea that has happened to the threads and removed posts.

I have texted Flannerz to inform him of strange happenings on the Forum as he is unavailable online at the moment - hopefully more news on this as soon as Flannerz can access the Forum and check things out.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2007, 08:45:15 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 06 Nov 2007, 08:42:55 pm
Doesn't the BOD have direct access to this web site ? I'm sure that Haven warrior mentioned this a few months back ?

Monte

Err this a FORUM!!!! Nothing to do with the WEBSITE

HW

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 06 Nov 2007, 09:17:54 pm
The only possible answer to this is the following:

ANZAC has deleted the threads that he started prior to terminating his own membership. Unfortunately the forum had been set to allow members to delete their own posts so this explains how he could have done it. I have now removed this permission so from now on ONLY admins and moderators can delete topics and posts from the system. I have also set-up the system to not allow anyone to delete their account.

I can 100% confirm that no one from the club has deleted these messages. The forum system has a comprehensive moderation log which details every action.

I never anticipated that we would have to implement the above but it seems that it is the only way to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Monte2carlo

Reply #11 on: 06 Nov 2007, 09:57:17 pm

Monte

HW

Duh state the obvious

Monte

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 07 Nov 2007, 11:11:22 am

Monte

HW

Duh state the obvious

Monte

Your the one that brought the subject to a head! Get your facts right before opening your mouth!

TW

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 07 Nov 2007, 12:05:57 pm

Monte

HW

Uhmmmm.....
Actually......
Its a forum on the same server and URL as the website, therefor who ever has access to the website files also has access to the forum files.....
Ive never quite understood how this forum can be called the "unofficial" forum and still be served of the same server as it isnt really seperate from the website.
Ideally when the club decided it didnt want to support the forum it should have been moved to a new and seperate server and URL or linked to one of the other Rugby forums.
And a little point for flannerz that might increase the activity and useability of the forum......
Almost every forum i read is laid out in one catagory so you dont have to go to several different pages to get the overall view or latest news/rumours, wouldnt it be better laid out all on one page ?
Just my opinion !

The IceMan

till next time :)

Offline Calverts No1 Fan

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 07 Nov 2007, 02:05:43 pm
I started a new topic at the beginning of the week, it wasnt deleted but it was moved. This shouldnt be aloud to happen! >:(

CALVERT'S NUMBER ONE FAN!