HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

saia makisi

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 07 Nov 2007, 09:24:28 pm
duffy is deffo staying doesnt want full time rugby (wich widnes are going to be this year) because he has a well paid job im lead to belive at leigh

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 07 Nov 2007, 09:30:44 pm
As exited as i am about the recent signing I must say I am slightly puzzeled about his playing pedigree over the last couple of year.

A fairly basic search reveals that he has scored 2 tries in two seasons! ( see stats below) taken from the major Aus Rl webs site.  One try for N Sydney in the premier league and 1 try for Chester Hill in the JB cup. Now not wishing to P@@@ on a bonfore he is hardly prolific.  What is more worriyng...... he has not it would seem played for any team from about mid April  last year?

Some clarification would be appreciated ...i hope he is the 6 ft 3 power house / speed machine he is  billed as but the stats do not add up.  Final point... the vast majority of his traceable career is at winger so how comes he is being signed as a centre?

Saia MAKISI [Player Stats]

+ Submit additional information or a correction to this player

======================================================================================================
 2007 Jim Beam Cup
Chester Hill Rhinos
1 tries, 4 points.
       ======================================================================================================

2006 VB NSWRL Premier League
Western Suburbs Magpies
1 tries, 4 points.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 07 Nov 2007, 10:14:25 pm
Is this bloke our big gamble or have we saved our cash for someone else?

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 07 Nov 2007, 10:16:04 pm
he is a KOLPAK player isnt he?
haven till i die

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 07 Nov 2007, 10:34:12 pm
To be honest i was looking with hope to this signing as evidence of some quality coming into the club.  A Dave Watson , Felly Shelford, Mick Peachy , Araon Lester, Clayton Friend or Fats.  Someone we could rally behind and who would bring real experience to the team.

2 tries in two years and no registered club in the last twelve months smacks as  huge gamble ofr the club IMO.  As a stella back signing I would expect more then two tries in 24 months.  Fats does that and the rest.  Also if you look back at his career 95% of it is as a winger in very average competitions, well below NRL or even premier league.  Last year he had no club the year before that he was in the Jim beam Cup with the team that finsihed bottom of telve clubs!!!!!!!.

For me this signing raises more questions than it answers.  >>>>>/

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 07 Nov 2007, 11:38:27 pm
hes a winger who prefers to play fullback so why announce him as a center????????
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 08 Nov 2007, 12:23:11 am
hes a winger who prefers to play fullback so why announce him as a center????????

Says on the official site that he can also play second row as well :D

Sounds like a good signing though, recommended by Stan Martin as well. We MUST give the guy a chance, just like all of the new signings. Instead of moaning about the guy before the ink is even dry on his contract, lets give him a chance. 6'3" and 16 stone sounds pretty good, lets not judge the lad on his past, but on his performances on the field in a few months time!
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2007, 12:26:59 am by Flannerz »

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 08 Nov 2007, 07:59:10 am
6 foot 3 and 16 stone. played as a winger, we sign him as a center,

almost sounds like a mick nanyn that dont kick

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 08 Nov 2007, 09:37:24 am
look at it this way stan the man brought leroy,fats,lester.watson,soss etc to the club all top notch players so i think im happy to believe him more than anybody else as to who is a good player and who isn,t. we are doubting  edmonson and makisi already come on for gods sake have faith. i have a lot of faith in stan martins judgement and lets get behind the new lads.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 08 Nov 2007, 09:47:09 am
look at it this way stan the man brought leroy,fats,lester.watson,soss etc to the club all top notch players so i think im happy to believe him more than anybody else as to who is a good player and who isn,t. we are doubting  edmonson and makisi already come on for gods sake have faith. i have a lot of faith in stan martins judgement and lets get behind the new lads.

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 08 Nov 2007, 01:52:19 pm
If Stan recommended him then we don't really need to question his pedigree.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 08 Nov 2007, 03:09:16 pm
I'll  go  along  with  that.  If  you look  at  his  record  it  doesn't  really  stand  out  but  if  someone  like  Stan  Martin  is recommending him  then  that  is  good  enough  for  me ;)

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 09 Nov 2007, 12:16:30 am
could he not of been injured ? or quit playing for a while?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 09 Nov 2007, 09:04:07 am
THE MULLET IS BACK