HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Duffy to Widnes ?????

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 07 Nov 2007, 01:07:28 pm
Duffy is not our only traveller, there is also Jackson. Maden, Duffy and Jackson all came together from Leigh as a group of Friends. Therefore Duffy still has Rob to travel with.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 07 Nov 2007, 03:46:59 pm
that is a massive positive move forwards IMO we have 2 travelling players left from last season and all the signings thus far are going to be liviing in cumbria and the rest probably will also unless we sign somebody from leigh fax etc
haven till i die

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 07 Nov 2007, 06:03:41 pm
if travellers bring quality then im happy but it wen we have average players travelin it pointless

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 08 Nov 2007, 06:30:26 am
Still confused by everyone saying we are only signing 2nd division players? Wasn't Danny Brough a 2nd division player when he signed for Hull from York or have you all got blinkers on now. If you look at teh 2nd division squads the majority of them are very young and it is a way for young players to get into the pro game. They then get picked off by the bigger clubs where they learn a little more and then try to put themselves in the shop window for the SL clubs. To say they are average players all the time is an insult to them.

Gaz

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 08 Nov 2007, 08:10:16 am
Totally agree marra, but my particular description of our signings was 'decent', not average - and yes, everyone has to start somewhere, but Danny Broughs are few and far between. These lads could turn out to be the best signings we have made for a while, I don't know - and I suspect neither does anyone else. I know one thing though, they will get my backing 110%.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 08 Nov 2007, 08:12:32 am
Only one or two certain people have been slating the so called 2nd division players !!!

I guess who?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 08 Nov 2007, 11:28:57 am
parton.marra agree wid what u say pal

Offline clifford

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 08 Nov 2007, 08:32:13 pm
hope duffy stays cas signed another halfback maybe lupton could struggle to get a game would be a good signing along with a good prop  dont think we would be far away at the end ofnext season

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 08 Nov 2007, 08:36:39 pm
lupton signed a new 2 year deal with cas and will probably play 13 for them but i agree if he did become available he would be a good signing

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 08 Nov 2007, 09:18:42 pm
Luptons  a  good  player  but  not  quite  SL  standard.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 09 Nov 2007, 12:17:30 am
i think finch will do us a good job

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 09 Nov 2007, 12:40:32 am
Still confused by everyone saying we are only signing 2nd division players? Wasn't Danny Brough a 2nd division player when he signed for Hull from York or have you all got blinkers on now. If you look at teh 2nd division squads the majority of them are very young and it is a way for young players to get into the pro game. They then get picked off by the bigger clubs where they learn a little more and then try to put themselves in the shop window for the SL clubs. To say they are average players all the time is an insult to them.

Gaz

Yes i think people do not see sometimes that players go unnoticed at times and also lift like a team does when they go up a level. Politics sometimes means a player has not had a chance to go up etc and there are many many cases of players becoming outstanding players coming from a low grade because they are introduced to players of a caliber that is perfect for them to work with.
It does not matter from what level a player comes from {Test side,kells etc etc or an Old or young player} it is how they perform when they come!

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 10 Nov 2007, 12:38:01 pm
Well said John. You echo my sentiments. Business can be quite ruthless and talk of Steve mcCormack "liking us " is naive. He is paid to get results and will use whatever means he sees neccessary to get results.

I wouldn't want to see Duffy go but as well as being a gamebreaker I have seen him have plenty of games where you could only describe his contribution as moderate. If the rumours are right then its unlikely we'd see him at his best if we were making him stay when he wants to be away.