HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Widnes Deducted 9 pts

Offline Jackthelad

• Academy Signing
Reply #30 on: 22 Nov 2007, 11:18:53 pm
it is a bit of a joke to consider a club who can't run their finances properly has a chance of getting a franchise in SL based, whether you like it or not, SOLELY on having a pretty little ground which will look good on sky tv, even if it will be mostly empty!

1. History of winning lots of trophy's ( How many exactly have Haven won ? )
2. 3,000+ crowds in NL1

There's another two reasons without having to even thinking about it.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #31 on: 22 Nov 2007, 11:25:43 pm
it is a bit of a joke to consider a club who can't run their finances properly has a chance of getting a franchise in SL based, whether you like it or not, SOLELY on having a pretty little ground which will look good on sky tv, even if it will be mostly empty!

2. 3,000+ crowds in NL1

1. I would say irrelevant to any franchise bid. It's going to be the squad you have at the moment which won't IMO be good enough.
2. Not good enough for a team who've spent season after season in Super League. Cas showed this last season.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 23 Nov 2007, 12:20:04 am

2. 3,000+ crowds in NL1

get over yourselves marra, the amount of trophies windows have won have got nothing to do with gaining a franchise or not, if that were the case your heap would be good enough to get into SL without having to break the rules and end up going out of business!

next time u guys can't afford to compete legitimately with little old haven and the likes, why not sell all your f#####g trophies to make sure you dont go into liquidation again!?!?!?!? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 23 Nov 2007, 01:00:39 am
i was about to say this post is pathetic! but big mac you put a smile on my face most of the time and u kicked the ball right over the sticks(hit the nail on the head)

Rob.
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 23 Nov 2007, 02:48:40 am
cheers rob!

i try my bestest marra!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 23 Nov 2007, 11:55:44 am
If its just history you want then Widnes finished 16th in this year I've linked, should that qualify them for a 14 team SL above the likes of Halifax, Runcorn and Oldham who finished way above them and as such were better. How far would you like us to go back in your quest for the we WERE a big club once you know we should gain automatic entry into SL because of it. According to the first league table for RL Widnes were NOT a big club. Well everyone used to follow Manningham then didn't they?

http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maajjs/gbr/sum/gbr1895.htm

Offline Jackthelad

• Academy Signing
Reply #36 on: 23 Nov 2007, 03:53:03 pm
Where have i said History or crowds should automatically gain us a SL place ?

I was replying to Puppetmaster who seems to think the ONLY thing our club has going for it is our pretty little ground. What do 'Haven have? You haven't even got that !    ;D

I just listed a couple of things off the top of my head, which prove we don't JUST have a tidy ground going for us. Not once have i said our History or Crowd size will gain us a place.

A great Academy set up, World Class Scholarship programme, and an Award winning Community Programme will help us, as well as support from the Council and a Multi Millionaire backer, but none of this will guarantee us a licence.

I'm under no illusion we'll get near SL with a franchise, because we're not based in Wales, Salford, or France, all of whom i think ( not agree with ) will be ahead of us in the pecking order.

Get that large chip off your shoulders    ::)

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 23 Nov 2007, 05:41:43 pm
has anyone noticed that not many
widnes fans come on this site
anymore at one time they loved
to come on here and gloat
                  ;) ;) ;) ;)

ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 23 Nov 2007, 06:14:09 pm
True marra we shud go gloat on theres lol :D :D

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #39 on: 23 Nov 2007, 08:40:51 pm
Where have i said History or crowds should automatically gain us a SL place ?

I was replying to Puppetmaster who seems to think the ONLY thing our club has going for it is our pretty little ground. What do 'Haven have? You haven't even got that !    ;D

I just listed a couple of things off the top of my head, which prove we don't JUST have a tidy ground going for us. Not once have i said our History or Crowd size will gain us a place.

A great Academy set up, World Class Scholarship programme, and an Award winning Community Programme will help us, as well as support from the Council and a Multi Millionaire backer, but none of this will guarantee us a licence.

I'm under no illusion we'll get near SL with a franchise, because we're not based in Wales, Salford, or France, all of whom i think ( not agree with ) will be ahead of us in the pecking order.

Get that large chip off your shoulders    ::)

The fact you quote all of your 'strengths' makes it even more pathetic that you won't get a franchise. I do sympathise with you generally, but not when you come on here gloating. It makes you look pathetic.  Yes, we may not have your world class scholorship program or your 'nice' stadium or that little matter of a multi-millionaire backer but isn't it funny that with all of that you aren't that far ahead of us infact according to one bookmaker we were at 9-1 to get a franchise and you were 33-1 and we weren't even applying!!!!!

So go ahead gloat and mock us but guess what you're in the same boat as we are and probably will be for a few years yet. To prove at least I'm a good sport, good luck for the season coming, you're gonna need it!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Jackthelad

• Academy Signing
Reply #40 on: 23 Nov 2007, 10:13:34 pm
The fact you quote all of your 'strengths' makes it even more pathetic that you won't get a franchise. I do sympathise with you generally, but not when you come on here gloating. It makes you look pathetic.  Yes, we may not have your world class scholorship program or your 'nice' stadium or that little matter of a multi-millionaire backer but isn't it funny that with all of that you aren't that far ahead of us infact according to one bookmaker we were at 9-1 to get a franchise and you were 33-1 and we weren't even applying!!!!!
So go ahead gloat and mock us but guess what you're in the same boat as we are and probably will be for a few years yet. To prove at least I'm a good sport, good luck for the season coming, you're gonna need it!

To be honest mate, i don't come on here to gloat or wind anyone up, just to defend my own Club. Haven more than any other NL1 team seem to have a laugh at us when we're down, and hate us with a passion. WelI,you lot and Leigh.    ::)
I wasn't bragging about our setup etc, well, not until Puppetmaster mentioned the ONLY thing we have going for us is our pretty little ground. I have to defend our corner don't i ?

I think we were 33/1 because at the time we didn't even have our Club registered with the RFL let alone have any players signed on.

Good luck for the coming Season, except against us   :D

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 23 Nov 2007, 10:16:48 pm

To be honest mate, i don't come on here to gloat or wind anyone up, just to defend my own Club. Haven more than any other NL1 team seem to have a laugh at us when we're down, and hate us with a passion. WelI,you lot and Leigh.    ::)
I wasn't bragging about our setup etc, well, not until Puppetmaster mentioned the ONLY thing we have going for us is our pretty little ground. I have to defend our corner don't i ?

I think we were 33/1 because at the time we didn't even have our Club registered with the RFL let alone have any players signed on.

Good luck for the coming Season, except against us   :D

tbh i think haven are gonna woop widnes ass this year we have had two many beating of u huys in recent years so payback is gonna be a sweet bitch for us this year home and away

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 24 Nov 2007, 12:23:56 am
your forgetting haven have a great scholarschip setup i think all of are academy team came through that, plus didnt we win club of the year 2-3 years in a row?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #43 on: 24 Nov 2007, 12:28:33 am
well said marra

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #44 on: 24 Nov 2007, 01:18:13 pm
your forgetting haven have a great scholarschip setup i think all of are academy team came through that, plus didnt we win club of the year 2-3 years in a row?

Er, no, you won it once (2004) and the year after Town won it.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!