• First Team Regular
on: 19 Nov 2007, 10:41:21 pm
just had a widnes fan tell me duffy has signed for them
haven till i die

Offline rachxhaven

• Academy Signing
  • ROB JACKSON!
Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2007, 10:43:24 pm
same things just happened to me anyone kno if its true ?

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2007, 10:44:50 pm
I'd be very surprised if he does.   We would have to bow to ANZAC  who seems to have predicted most of this a few months ago.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2007, 10:48:45 pm
there have been rumours going round for months now about duffy wanting away because he cannot handle the travelling any more if he goes we definatly need a new scrum half
haven till i die

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:06:12 pm
is this the same john duffy who turned his back on haven twice in 2006 and signed for widnes the same john duffy who turned his back on haven last season and signed for widnes

oh wait no these are the widnes fans who told us this and yet the 3 times they have told us this he has stayed with us.

as ive said before duffs has a good job and has said before he doesnt want full time rugby hence why he came here in the first place . widnes are full time next season

widnes fans are  putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 because they saw that duffy had signed for halifax oh wait no that was another rumour wich wasnt true. duffy will be at pre season on saturday along with adibisi im confident

plus steve mack is on holiday with his family dont think he would be to happy the widnes bod signing players for him especially ones who told him to shove a contract up his backside in 2006  ;)

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:08:43 pm
he will leave soon maybe not to widnes but somewhere else i dont care if he loves playing here the travelling will get too much eventually
haven till i die

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:10:39 pm
Hope your right Haven 09. However, I think it is the same situation as with Halifax a couple of months ago.

Halifax wanted to sign Duffy, Duffy wanted to sign for Halifax to cut down on travelling and spend more time with his young family. But the BOD would not release him from his contract without appropriate compensation.

Think it is the same situation with Widnes. However with Widnes needing to get a team together ASAP, they might just buy out the remainder of his contract from Haven.

Would not be surprised to see us starting next year with Rudd at 6 and Finch at 7 aka Tonga.

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:11:56 pm
story of cry wolf comes to mind!

when /if it happens for real no one will believe it he he !
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:13:47 pm
Hope your right Haven 09. However, I think it is the same situation as with Halifax a couple of months ago.

Halifax wanted to sign Duffy, Duffy wanted to sign for Halifax to cut down on travelling and spend more time with his young family. But the BOD would not release him from his contract without appropriate compensation.

Think it is the same situation with Widnes. However with Widnes needing to get a team together ASAP, they might just buy out the remainder of his contract from Haven.

Would not be surprised to see us starting next year with Rudd at 6 and Finch at 7 aka Tonga.

if he does go we need a recognised scrum half
haven till i die

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:14:36 pm
if that is the case haven can demand as much as they want for duffs

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:19:12 pm
wudnt it be good if sumone would actually come on here and tell the fans if its truth or rumour?

u know when like they say a player is in talk with another club at footy?

in rugby league the mute button goes on and not a word is said.
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 19 Nov 2007, 11:46:49 pm
des has said for ages duffy n fletch will be haven players next season fletch is close to signing a new 2 year deal

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 20 Nov 2007, 12:01:46 am
yeah fletch might be but is duffy going to sign a new deal? i dont think he will i think he wants to leave to play somewhere closer to home and the only reson that he might be here next season is because the BOD do not want him to leave
haven till i die

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 20 Nov 2007, 12:18:39 am
sure des will clear this us buy tea time tomorrow.
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 20 Nov 2007, 09:57:28 am
des has said for ages duffy n fletch will be haven players next season fletch is close to signing a new 2 year deal

no what des said was they were contracted to haven for next season which is different
THE MULLET IS BACK