HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Where do people think we will finish in NL1

Boxer · 23 · 1500

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 22 Nov 2007, 02:39:35 pm
Personally, I think anything above 5th should be looked on as a bonus and as P & R is out of the equation now the race becomes more of a distant race rather than a sprint.   

I  agree  NL1  will  be  very  competetive  but  having  no  promotion  will  turn  some  fans  away.  I  know  Haven  aren't  in  a  position  for  SL  what  with  ground  issues  and  all  but  having  to  go  through  a  season  knowing  that  even  if  you  were  the top  club  you  wouldn't  be  considered  for  SL  would  leave  alot  of  us  very  dissapointed.

As fans of Haven what we will have to come to terms with is the fact that SL may as well be another sport. As far as we are concerned SL does not exist and we are in our own competition (National League Rugby). The aim in this competition is to win the league, collect the cup and win the prize money. It is now just like being in the top division of any competition. We now must have the same mentallity towards our competition as Leeds, St Helens and others do towards SL, as there is no promotion from SL.

We must strive to be the top of our competion !!!! (Don't think it will happen next year though, 4th or 5th for me due to rebuilding).

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 22 Nov 2007, 04:08:22 pm
yeah agree with you there mate 4th for us maybe sneak 3rd we need to concentrate on building the team and making us the team that nobody wants to play like cas and widnes in seasons past and salford next season
haven till i die

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 22 Nov 2007, 07:22:23 pm
Will the lack of promotion really affect attendances in NL1?? It's not as if the rules are changing part way through??

The medium term target should be to be the best NL 1 team. In the short term to be competitive every week, home & away, and to be competing - top 4, semis of NRC  as a minimum?

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 22 Nov 2007, 09:00:56 pm
yes i think it will definatly effect attendances alot of people will think "why bother going to watch, paying ?13 (or however much it is at other clubs) when there isnt even a chance of them going up"
haven till i die

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 23 Nov 2007, 01:18:29 am
the thing is we have recruited very well i think and tightend areas that have been needed for sum time so this new team could be awsome and play top class rugby and compete with salford for top place or could be average and finish 4th or 5th i now deep down which one we are and u guys do to so come on have faith

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 23 Nov 2007, 10:18:11 am
i think we might be very competitive this season for two reasons
a) if our new recruits are as good as promised and gel quickly then
the team should be stronger than last year
b) if we play as promised a more expansive game, and more attractive
rugby, then us fans will have a lot more to shout about, and this may well
become fortress rec again,

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 23 Nov 2007, 01:35:49 pm
i really hope there is some noise at the rec next season
haven till i die

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 23 Nov 2007, 03:39:57 pm
me too missed it the last couple of seasons thats whats made it intimidting we need to get it back