You decide

Mad Monte

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2007, 10:08:04 pm
 Either will do thank you very much!

Just shows that RL should be Englands No1 sport! At least we're in an International competition in 2008!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2007, 10:09:01 pm
give him job at town ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2007, 10:15:17 pm
mclaren said he should be judged on his results, so therefore his results being not good enough he should do the right thing and resign

however, who should replace him? should it be an englishman? if so who? there is no english coach good enough to do the job.

perhaps some of the players should stop reading the hype thats written about how good they are, and start actually proving it!

hindsight says it was a bad decision to play scott carson, what a game to make your competitive debut for your country!
hope he gets over it.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2007, 10:27:33 pm
mclaren to go. mourinho in!!

i also think scott carson has an international future, made 1 bad error but made 2-3 good saves and i think he is better than paul robinson and david james.

chin up scotty lad

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2007, 11:50:14 pm
crap team no spirit no fight too much money see rugby players get batterd bruised blooded and you get them nancy who kik a ball and complain when geten a tap bunch of fannys if you ask me

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 22 Nov 2007, 12:25:41 am
A pub team could play better than a team of millionaires!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 22 Nov 2007, 07:14:39 am
I  think  he'll  be  sacked  but  it  will  mean  him  walking  away  with  ?2.5m  in  compensation.  If  he  were  to  quit  would  he  be  entitled  to  anything ???

Offline The Boss

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 22 Nov 2007, 12:09:53 pm
Steve McClaren has been sacked as England coach following his side's failure to qualify for Euro 2008.
Assistant coach Terry Venables has also lost his job in what the Football Association said was a unanimous decision by its board.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2007, 03:23:02 pm
McClaren has paid the price with his job but for me the players are as much to blame. They are overpaid, nancy boys who have no pride in their national team performance and should hang their heads in shame. This bunch of players saw the end of Eriksson, they have now seen the end of McClaren, they are a joke!!

They should only be paid full wages for internationals if they win and half wages if they draw. Nothing if they lose. One or two players may pull out, but I would rather have 11 lads who have pride in playing for their nation and give it 100% than the pandered joke that we have now, what a joke.

Just compare the pride, passion and fight shown by the RU team a month ago when they were fighting adversity and compare it with that bag of SH*TE last night.

McClaren had too go, but the players should also be held accountable!!!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 22 Nov 2007, 05:16:15 pm
very true marra the players are as much to blame, there wasnt much hunger there, to many long balls into crouch got a bit boring.
One good thing more fans will come to Haven games in summer now there out lol

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2007, 04:47:43 pm

They should only be paid full wages for internationals if they win and half wages if they draw. Nothing if they lose. One or two players may pull out, but I would rather have 11 lads who have pride in playing for their nation and give it 100% than the pandered joke that we have now, what a joke.

I think you're wrong there.
Anybody playing for their National team should be paid nothing at all.
It's an honour to play for your country and, if you need paid, then you shouldn't be out there.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2007, 05:15:45 pm

I think you're wrong there.
Anybody playing for their National team should be paid nothing at all.
It's an honour to play for your country and, if you need paid, then you shouldn't be out there.

100% agree, was just talking about it at work today

i reckon the fa should turn round now and say thats it, no more money for playing for your country, if the players teams want to reward them for gaining international honours then fine, but as you say they should receive no money from the FA, it should indeed be an honour to represent your country at whatever sport
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Monte2carlo

Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2007, 08:11:40 pm
Well the FA has screwed up big time

Compensation packages for the two clowns
ginger clown ?2,000,000.00
cockney clown ?1,000,000.00

Each player who has represented england in the 2008 qualifiers ?150,000.00 bonus !!!!!!!!!!!

Wow how can i get a job there

Monte