Widnes Deducted 9 pts

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #45 on: 24 Nov 2007, 01:35:56 pm
should ave won it twice tho lol

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #46 on: 25 Nov 2007, 12:06:32 am
im sure haven won it in 2003 and 2004 or 2004 and 2005 was town not 2006?

Offline geoffviking

• Academy Signing
Reply #47 on: 25 Nov 2007, 10:49:49 pm
It may be news to you but very few if any Widnes fans expect to be in Super League in 2009 and probably never at all.  They have shown twice they do not want us, never techinically relegated.

Also remember we were only in the recent trouble because our former millionaire owner decided to jump ship on the eve of the start of last season. (possibly  allegedly because he could not get his hands on the ownership of our ground.  The remaiinng directors put thousands of their own money in to keep us going for the whole season. remember we did not collapse mid season. In view of that what would happen if we were in NL2? 9 teams is not enough for a league and other clubs in NL2 would not be happy with Oldham being promoted as GF runners up.

When in SL we had gates in excess of Salford, Harlequins, Wakefield and Huddersfield .

Also remember London got off scott free. 

Vikings fans do not despise you or your club.  We recognise Cumbria isa hot bed of RL and supplies many players to the game. At the moment you are unfortunately the only strong club up there.  In fact I would not be surprised if SL wanted a Cumbrian club in SL before us but after another French, another London and another French club .

What are we supposed to do just give up?  Where there is hope and demand from the townsfolk (which is in doubt from the majority at present going on gates) surely we should trudge on as do Swinton, Oldham in fact all the NL1 and NL2 clubs.

If we had gone into NL 2 I would have still watched them because they are my hometown team.

So lets just enjoy the competition.  Next year Salford will probably be champions. They are not our favourite club at present having sneaked in and taken some of our best youngsters for nowt even though under 24 and  at transfer fee would normally be required .

Leigh with Moran and Halifax and yourselve swill be next, so we will not get all our own way next year as we did not last. Remember a certain Cas side? Trouble is it will not be the same without promotion and relegation. 

Oh and taht means less fans will watch so do not be surprised to see more clubs going into administration in the near future.

Happy christmas

Good luck next season.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #48 on: 26 Nov 2007, 09:41:14 am
basically the rfl are killing rugby league below the super league

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #49 on: 26 Nov 2007, 08:49:18 pm
Very good post by geoffviking, and I have to say that when ever I have been down to Widnes with haven I have been made very very welcome in the club house and by their fans in the ground.

Makes me feel a bit pi**ed about my prior post in this thread, I was however having a go at the inconsistancies of the RFL rather than the Widnes club.

We (haven) have always had good relations with the Widnes club and should keep it that way when supporters post on here ... they are an excellent model for a RL club.