HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Still 2 quality players short but the silence is defeaning!

Boxer · 37 · 2364

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
We are def two players short on last years squad but there seems to be a very long silence as to the news of any replacements.

IMO we need a quality back Row and and a quality centre.

I think we are going to have to rely on Fats Jacko Mcdonald Edmondson Hill and Teare up front basically six to cover 4 spots.

It would be nice for the Bod to deliver a signing with some real pedigree to get the fans exited about next year.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
there is ford n also ricky wright

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Forgive me if i don't get to exited I would take Wright as a back up S/.R  Ford would  not get into Wath brows team. 

We really need Rod " Rockett" Ready or Stan the man Martin to send us a real talented roocky back row ,top  tear  premier league up  and coming NRL.  Young and hungry..... it would make all the difference.

If the BOD really have saved their money ?30k 35k n a decent NRL back ro who knows what he doing presents the right attitude and has ptential would get the suppoters going an drev the team up.   

Even a one season wonder like Obst would be worth it .  It galvanises the team and fans and they move on to better things every one wins.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
i beg to differ david ford would walk into wath brows team, fordy is a quality young player alot better than wright and teare!

i think we need a second rower because spencer last season was beyond pathetic, fletch carried him all season

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Another  player  with  similar  qualities  as  Fletcher  would  be  awesome.  It  would  defo  give  us  a  massive  boost  in  the  pack  and  with  pace  in  the  backs  we  should  have  enough  to  compete  with  the  likes  of  Salford, Celtic, Leigh  etc  etc.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Ok i exagerated to make a point niether Ford or Teare are any where near good enough for NL1 an unfortunate but true fact,  We realistacally are goig with Fats Jacko Edmonson, Mcdoanld  and Hill with Teare and Ford as back up.

Thats really why we were so keen to sign Gannon beacause the board and coaches realise that apart from Fats Jacko and Hill we are on a wing and a prair with the other four.  Edmondson...we just dont know.. Mcdonald is big and agressive but and injury prone penalty machine who delivers 20minuts a game.  Teare is soft and Ford is no where near a 80 minute 18 game Nl1 prop.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
For what its worth

PROP: FATS, JAKO , HILL, EDMONDDSON (hopefully ..but we just dont know) & Mcdonald  (potentail but big question mark he is past his best)  Teare and Ford.....eeeeeeeeeeee

S?R  Fletch / Miller / Signing / Wright

L/ F Joe / signing

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Boxer you seem to forget that we have scott mcavoy who can play second row.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
crarey has already stated he sees scott mcavoy as a loose forward as he said in the paper he cant wait to see the side of

duffy,fletcher,mcavoy,makisi and calvert all together

tandy is available worth a go i reckon

id use are quota place on a second rower

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
fair enough Mcavoy could play back row but and I repeat BUT..he aint played more than 10 meaningful games for us in the last three years.  He is very injury prone.  talented but last year when he came back from injury he was very ordinary in the centres.  Can we realistically expect a full season from hiom given the last 3 years.?

Tandy is good but has burnt his bridges in west cumbria.  Overall we are best surved recruiting a durable back row who can paly like Fletcher and make breaks smash defenders and score trys.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
name one in england whos available ? by me reckoning none australia probably all been snapped up. unless rocket rod or paul green has one in the 2nd grade green coachs at brisbane give him a shout

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
we also have finch so rdd could be used as a loose forward. young craig hodgeson is worth a look at the the northen rail and see how he goes this year has the ability to break defences but lets see how he goes in the 1st team. personally i think david ford is worth a place in our line up when he is playing well. had few games last year and was quality. wouldnt mind seeing up pick up a 2nd row loan signing maybe young super league player

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
mark leafa or craig huby on loan from cas?  ;D :P
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2007, 10:29:16 am by haven09 »

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
When are some people going to realise that you cannot waive a magic wand & get all these "quality" players to sign, up sticks & move to Whitehaven without paying a premium, that we probably cannot afford. Sometimes you can (Fletch) but its a case of being patient and waiting to see what is available.

As for the playing staff we have, how anyone can say Ford isn't an NL1 player when he has hardly had any opportunity in the 1st team is beyond me. In the games he did play last term he did nothing wrong and did a lot right. Teare is IMO a confidence player and DR shot all his confidence when he dropped him to the bench following Fats' return. Personally I think if PC is the man manager that he seems to be he may be able to get a lot more out him than DR ever did.   

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
We are def two players short on last years squad but there seems to be a very long silence as to the news of any replacements.

IMO we need a quality back Row and and a quality centre.

I think we are going to have to rely on Fats Jacko Mcdonald Edmondson Hill and Teare up front basically six to cover 4 spots.

It would be nice for the Bod to deliver a signing with some real pedigree to get the fans exited about next year.

Well I'm excited about next year, so you speak for yourself Boxer.

Last year we lost six players (2 were past it, 1 was not needed and the other was useless) and a waste of time coach. We have a new, young, forward thinking coach and six new players (of which 5 are under 25). I'm not saying that everything is fine, but I do wish all the purveyors of doom would give it a rest and give people a chance. All we get on this site from some people is doom, doom and more doom.

P.S. Please note that a certain Mr J Duffy was training with WHITEHAVEN this week. NOT Halifax, NOT Leigh and definitely NOT Widnes. Also a certain Mr R Fletcher is hoping to be at training next week. Thank You!!!

;D