HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Still 2 quality players short but the silence is defeaning!

Boxer · 37 · 2331

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
We are def two players short on last years squad but there seems to be a very long silence as to the news of any replacements.

IMO we need a quality back Row and and a quality centre.

I think we are going to have to rely on Fats Jacko Mcdonald Edmondson Hill and Teare up front basically six to cover 4 spots.

It would be nice for the Bod to deliver a signing with some real pedigree to get the fans exited about next year.

Well I'm excited about next year, so you speak for yourself Boxer.

Last year we lost six players (2 were past it, 1 was not needed and the other was useless) and a waste of time coach. We have a new, young, forward thinking coach and six new players (of which 5 are under 25). I'm not saying that everything is fine, but I do wish all the purveyors of doom would give it a rest and give people a chance. All we get on this site from some people is doom, doom and more doom.

P.S. Please note that a certain Mr J Duffy was training with WHITEHAVEN this week. NOT Halifax, NOT Leigh and definitely NOT Widnes. Also a certain Mr R Fletcher is hoping to be at training next week. Thank You!!!

;D

Well  said  CB&G.  My  sentiments  entirely.  Just  a  few  weeks  ago  we  had  rumours  of  players  leaving  or  not  coming  at  all  which  all  proved  totally  false.

Whilst  1  or  2  are  unproven  at this  level  in  Crarey  I've  yet  to  hear  any  negative  thoughts  about  him  and  his  style  of  football  should  suit  us  well.

I  for  1  predict  a  good  season  and  fingers  crossed  top  3  should  be  acheivable. :)

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
i think a few of us will be gobsmacked at how haven play this year got a very good squad and the spirit is buzzing so theres no reason why we cant challenge any team this year and yes i even mean salford think we can match and better most squads this year just have faith and get down and support the lads even bring a few mates wid ya to games

roll on the 30 th december i think theres gonna be a rumble in the jungle

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
I agree its far from doom n gloom and to say scott macca only played a handfull of good games towards the end of season he wasnt anywhere near fit and was coming back from a hernia op lets wait and see how the lads play before we start this knocking the players before the seasons started. With a bit of luck we will pick one or two good players up when they come along.
Good luck whitehaven to the season ahead ;)

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
I'm pleased to see some posts coming on here from people who have common sense.
I can't believe these "Morons" are coming on here hiding behind computer screens slagging off players when the season hasn't even started, so far it's been;
Daniel Smith, Derry Eilbeck, Scott Teare, David Ford and now Scott McAvoy, who's next?
A great way to undermine all the hard work Paul Creary and his coaching team are putting in, building the teams confidence up to build a good side for next season, which is what every true Haven supporter wants to see.
If I was P.C. I'd be wondering what the hell have I done coming to a side where the "so called" supporters don't even encourage their own players  even before a match has been played, but slag them off on a website that's available through the official website, don't like to say it but it's something that needs to be considered by the people who control the official website.

As for "Boxer" and the other "slaggers", my message would be don't post statements on an anonymous computer screen unless you've got the guts to say it to the players faces, or are you as I expect "gutless".

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
agree with the negativity m8. theres expressing your views and there is going over the top n being over critical.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
tbh i think is gonna be our best season think the club and players will shock the fans and cant wait for apologies

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
I thought we would have been hearing about some transfer activity this week.Cant believe how quiet it has gone. We defo still need a couple of  players especially a second, back row forward. Apart from that I really cant wait for the season to start. BRING ON THE TOWN !!!!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
there wont be many players left now and we dont want the board to sign somebody just for the sake of it we dont want another baldwin  ;)
haven till i die

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Well said marra theres no need to buy for buying sake we can pick 1 or 2 good players if they come along no need to buy a second rate has been with donkey knee,s lol

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Why do we need a second row when we have Fletcher, Miller, McAvoy, Hill can still play there and ricky wright i know people slag him off but he hasn't done much wrong i think we are well covered in the second rows and just about anywhere else to be honest.

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
there wont be many players left now and we dont want the board to sign somebody just for the sake of it we dont want another baldwin  ;)

I never said we should sign a baldwin or any other donkey, because we already have players at the club who are a lot better  than that. I know the offer on the table for gannon must have been quite lucrative so why not try and lure over a good quota player.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Fullbacks - Broadbent / Benson
Wingers - Calvert / Adabesi / Makisi / Lancaster
Centres - Jacskon / Eilbeck / Makisi / Mcavoy
Scrum halfs - Duffy / Bainbridge
Stand offs - Finch / Rudd / Joe
Props - Fatialofa / M.Jackson / Edmonson / McDonald / Teare
Hookers - Mattinson / Sice
Second rows - Fletcher / Hill / Miller / Mcavoy / Wright
Loose forwards - Rudd / Mcavoy / Joe

Academy Players who could possibly fill in:
Ford
Jones
Mcavoy (if still here)
Lebbon (if signs new deal)
Hodgson
haven till i die

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular

I never said we should sign a baldwin or any other donkey, because we already have players at the club who are a lot better  than that. I know the offer on the table for gannon must have been quite lucrative so why not try and lure over a good quota player.

its all good saying "why not get a good quota signing" but again we cannot just sign somebody because they are Australian we need to make sure our quota player is really top quality and will make a big impact in the league we have local lads who could be squad players, and i bet its really difficult to find a top quality young Australian who is willing to move to England let alone Whitehaven for at least a year when there is no garuntee of success
haven till i die

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
We only need to finish second in Toy Trains league system, (which we can do with the existing team), so why bother signing any body now when we can be more selective when Cresta weighs up the existing team and his best options over the medium term ?

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
i think another academy lad who could fill in is adam shaw alot better player than craig hodgson is, marc shackely is also being tipped to play 1st team