HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

How much do you think Celtic are paying this guY?

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Former State of Origin centre Josh Hannay has been hitting the training paddock with the Cutters and chatting to team sponsors and management.

But the Sharks discard confirmed he isn't ready to lace up for Mackay's new Queensland Cup side anytime soon.

"I've heard the rumours myself but it's not likely I'll be playing for them in the near future," he said yesterday.

Hannay said he was just catching up with old mates and trying to keep fit during the off-season before he leaves for Wales in January.

Linked to Celtic Crusaders for 2008, Hannay said the club was poised to make its way into the Super League in 2009.

But the 100kg three-quarter said he would "love to come back and play for my home team," when the time was right.

Hannay experienced a season of discontent in 2007 after he was unceremoniously dumped by Cronulla after just three games.

After spending months on the outer limits of the NRL with lowly club side Gymea Gorillas, Hannay was offered a contract with the Crusaders, a semi professional outfit coached by John Dixon.

It was a welcome relief for the Moranbah product who believes he still has what it takes to make an impact in rugby league.

"I'm only 27 and still enjoying the game," he said.

"I don't feel like I'm washed up yet.

"It was only a year or so ago that I was playing State of Origin."

And Cutters chairman Greg Sutherland said he would be keeping a close eye on the experienced back.

"We'll be following his movements with interest," he said.

"He's still got plenty to offer, on and off the field."

Gutted!

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 02 Dec 2007, 05:32:08 pm
He played a fair few games for Celtic Crusaders in NL2 last season, the club claim he played for free when people asked how they could fit him under their salary cap !

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 02 Dec 2007, 09:45:24 pm
.....................or  maybe  he  got  a  job  stacking  shelves  for  1  hour  a  week  but  got bucket  loads  of  cash. :o