HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Fixture list

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 03 Dec 2007, 09:47:19 am
Fixtures  finally  out  for  NL  and  NRC.  Slightly  tougher  NRC  group  this  time  courtesy  of  Halifax.  Not  sure  about  Keighley  though.  Should  be  2  easy  wins  there  but  I  would  have  preferred  someone  like  Oldham  or  Swinton  rather  than  the  Cougars.

NL  fixtures  look  Tough.  With  the  exception  of  Batley  at  home  and  Fev  away  we  play  all  the  big  guns  early  on  in  the  1st 6  fixtures.  Looks  a  very  competitive  league  to  say  the  least.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2007, 11:39:31 am
Fixtures  finally  out  for  NL  and  NRC.  Slightly  tougher  NRC  group  this  time  courtesy  of  Halifax.  Not  sure  about  Keighley  though.  Should  be  2  easy  wins  there  but  I  would  have  preferred  someone  like  Oldham  or  Swinton  rather  than  the  Cougars.

NL  fixtures  look  Tough.  With  the  exception  of  Batley  at  home  and  Fev  away  we  play  all  the  big  guns  early  on  in  the  1st 6  fixtures.  Looks  a  very  competitive  league  to  say  the  least.

IMO Oldham would probably be a much tougher side to face than Keighley. Players like Nanyn, Haliwell, St Hilaire, Roberts, Cardiss, Joseph etc... they've got quite a nice squad there and have got to be one of the favourites for NL2. However, they have also signed Baldwin ;)

I can't see us failing to qualify from our group, would take something bad to not make the top two. Think its good we've got Fax in our group though, lets us have some top NL1 competition early in the season.

After looking over the league fixtures, it doesn't look too bad. We always knew it was a trip to Salford and Sheffield on a Friday night and we have to play the big teams at some point! Just looking forward to the new season kicking off now!

Offline Rotherham Fev Fan

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2007, 11:43:35 am
Fev away eh! 1st NL1 fixture for you lads is at Post Office Road. By then we should have a clue about how well we're equipt for NL1. I'm not going to shout how good we are or that any team will find it difficult. I've watched Fev far too long for that. All I will add is that I'm absolutely bostin for next season to come round and haven't been as enthusiastic in years. Should be a decent test come Easter!

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2007, 01:34:14 pm
62 Days to go, or 8 Boring Sundays ............ and counting  ;)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2007, 01:39:38 pm
For  me  of  the  3  Pro  leagues  NL1  looks  by  far  the  most  competitive.  I'm  sure  many  will  look  to  Salford  and  Celtic  to  lead  the  way  but  add  to  that  us, Fax  and  Leigh  anyone  of those  sides  could  finish  top.  I  think  Widnes  could  be  stong  also  but  because  of  the  points  penalty  they  might just  sneak  a  top  6  spot.  Even  sides  like  Fev  and Sheffield  will  cause  a  shock  or  2.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2007, 01:47:24 pm
 ;D well thats me all kitted up ready for the home and away games roll on jan ;)