HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

who do we want?

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 09 Mar 2008, 07:41:50 pm
Given our financial predicament and the fact we have a very small squad Leeds away would be the ideal draw.

They would get 9000 after their expenses we would probably get a 4000 * ?15 say ?60k and not have the burden of playing extra games in the cup with a small squad. 

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 10 Mar 2008, 03:51:08 pm
Given our financial predicament and the fact we have a very small squad Leeds away would be the ideal draw.

They would get 9000 after their expenses we would probably get a 4000 * ?15 say ?60k and not have the burden of playing extra games in the cup with a small squad. 

Do you not want us to do well in the cup, Boxer? The cup becomes more lucrative the further you progress. You really are a WUM!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 10 Mar 2008, 03:56:15 pm

i agree with boxer on this one  :-\
haven till i die

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 10 Mar 2008, 07:33:21 pm

i agree with boxer on this one  :-\

A lot of fans of the SL clubs wont turn out for a walkover of a game, you'll find that over the last few seasons when SL clubs have a home draw against teams from the NLs the crowds have been lower than average. I would think it more benefitial for us to get a couple of good draws and hopefully progress as far as the last 8, then you'll see more fans turn out as there's a semi final spot up for grabs and they'll all come out of the woodwork for that. Add to the the greater prize money the further we progress, thats what we should all be really looking for.

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #19 on: 11 Mar 2008, 01:23:55 pm
Wigan away would be your best gate

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 11 Mar 2008, 06:00:07 pm
2  easy  draws  at  home  would  be  very  nice.  Get  to  the  QF  and  then  maybe  Bradford  or  Leeds  away  as  they  would  bring  in  a  five  figure  crowd  to  half  that  would  mean  a  very  good  payday.