HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Workington Town

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
on: 04 Dec 2007, 04:02:34 pm
i see they have released a naked calendar for charity at ?10 a pop with ?1 going to charity and they will be available on there launch night  :D :D

Monte2carlo

Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2007, 04:15:45 pm
So then what is happening to the other 90%  ? Is it for the Town players weekly **** up fund.

Monte

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 04 Dec 2007, 04:30:24 pm
or the rest of money goes towards donkeys' welfare?  ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2007, 06:34:58 pm
So then what is happening to the other 90%  ? Is it for the Town players weekly **** up fund.

Monte

maybe gonna use it to buy the clothes they obviously can't afford!!!
LOL :D :D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline thefutureisbright

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 05 Dec 2007, 08:52:15 am

Maybe the other 90% is going towards the cost of getting the calender printed, and towards the club, now that would be sensible wouldn't it...
It takes a good organiser to have a good party, what happened to yours??

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 05 Dec 2007, 09:12:24 am
they have to do something to pay for ditherhams wages

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2007, 11:57:18 am
Fair play to them, part of the proceeds are going to a very good cause.....

http://www.therfl.co.uk/nationalleague/news_item.php?id=9210

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #7 on: 05 Dec 2007, 06:28:46 pm
Don't think I'll buy it, I've seen all their players stripped bare several times over the last couple years   ...............

..............during the games of course when Whitehaven have wupped their sad ars*s.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 05 Dec 2007, 08:18:14 pm
This stripping bare for calenders thing is SO old hat now, wasn't it done originaly  about 10 years ago by the calender girls, since then everybody has done it. A typical Roheram approach, out of date, tired , unoriginal and naff - remind you of anything?

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 05 Dec 2007, 08:56:16 pm
simon baldwin attacking and defending ?

Offline jonah1

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 05 Dec 2007, 09:01:51 pm
Now come on lets all be civil here. Baldwin werent all that bad. He did catch a couple of balls or was that just my imagination? As for the money from the calender. Its going towards rotherams new up to date tactics booklet!

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 05 Dec 2007, 10:08:48 pm
baldwin werent all that bad lol. u make me laff

IpswichSteve

Reply #12 on: 06 Dec 2007, 09:08:40 am
This stripping bare for calenders thing is SO old hat now, wasn't it done originaly  about 10 years ago by the calender girls, since then everybody has done it. A typical Roheram approach, out of date, tired , unoriginal and naff - remind you of anything?

Oh my Parton, cannot believe the hatred for the ex coach.  What is it two fourth
place finish's and a Cup final, yeah he was a complete disaster for you wasn't
he?  ::)  Fair enough you didn't want him to be kept on but the hatred and bringing
is name up in a discussion about a calendar which I would think it was highly unlikely
he was involved with is amazing.  No have a cup of tea and calm down dear, you have the
brave new world of Craery to look forward to.  I think he will get the same finish as
Rotheram hope thats good enough for you.

Now if you'd had Stokes for coach you really would have grounds to be bitter.  >:(

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 06 Dec 2007, 11:28:38 am
Steve it wasn't that long ago that a lot of Town fans thought Stokes was the best coach outside SL. We've had the Rotheram experience and as you can tell it wasn't all that rosey. To be honest I don't think he'll do that much at Town as he tends to have certain undroppable players, you're going on a lot of hearsay regarding how good a coach DR is, we've seen the results of his coaching prowess, this isn't out of any bitterness towards Town its just as I see it. Granted you need a bit of professionalism thrown into the mix up there he'll provide plenty of that, but there's just that little niggling thing that just didn't sit right regarding the coaching at Haven over the past couple of years, I don't know what it was, I don't think anyone on here will be able to point it out, but there was something just missing at times. Rugby played by percentages can only take you so far, as we've found out. Good luck for the coming season, I think you'll win more than last season but will still lack that certain something when the chips are down. We've been through it, so I think people can comment about what they've seen and what they expect to see from DR's teams.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #14 on: 06 Dec 2007, 01:17:47 pm
Fair play to them, part of the proceeds are going to a very good cause.....

Agreed - well done to the Town Lads - can you imagine our lot doing it?

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›