HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Workington Town

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 06 Dec 2007, 02:50:46 pm
yeah i could  :D :D sicey and all the other jokers of the team ie broadbent,fletch,bamber,duffy,leroy,rob jackson,adebisi,finch,calvert.rudd,scott mcavoy

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 06 Dec 2007, 03:12:32 pm
up the town

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 06 Dec 2007, 05:32:12 pm
a reported ?500 per week and you sum up his efforts as caught a couple of balls, the prosecution rests its case !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Operative word there is REPORTED.  Dont think he was on any where near that.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 06 Dec 2007, 09:15:49 pm
Hello IS lad, thought you were in hibernation, you haven't graced this forum for quite some time. He inherited a decent team marra, I'm not in the minority of one you know, in my criticism of our ex coach. Remember the relentless derision after the final from Hell, from the Town faithful - you remember, inept, bereft of ideas , tactically naive? You were right as well. This was the same coach, the one who had a cunning plan for the downfall of Widnes, who will now be the answer to all your prayers (allegedly). Suddenly everything in the DP garden is rosy, Good ol' Ged was going to be your saviour if my memory serves me correctly, and we all know what happened to him. Has DR inherited whats left of the 5 year plan?

Till next time Steve................................................................

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 06 Dec 2007, 11:52:31 pm
I can't say that I have heard any Town fans saying that DR will be the answer to all our prayers but he has dropped down a division and has some good young players to work with so I think most people are like me and saying "let's give him a chance".     He won't have the good quality players like Lmmer, Sione and JT to get him out of trouble like they did for GS but let's see how he goes with Town before we start knocking him.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 07 Dec 2007, 09:31:51 am
thing is keith no offence to town look at the quality players rotherham had at haven ie duffy,fletcher,rob jackson,leafa,fatialofa,broadbent,maden,trindall and the local young talented players mattinson,rudd.calvert,sice,

and all he achived was a tonking in the NRC final

and when he was here he only had 3 decent sides to coach against, hull kr,widnes and cas leigh are always tough but i think in 06 and 07 we were better than them same with fax.
but in nl2 there are a couple of teams who look strong, doncaster,oldham,barrow,york,rochdale,

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 07 Dec 2007, 03:12:39 pm
thing is keith no offence to town look at the quality players rotherham had at haven ie duffy,fletcher,rob jackson,leafa,fatialofa,broadbent,maden,trindall and the local young talented players mattinson,rudd.calvert,sice,

and all he achived was a tonking in the NRC final

and when he was here he only had 3 decent sides to coach against, hull kr,widnes and cas leigh are always tough but i think in 06 and 07 we were better than them same with fax.
but in nl2 there are a couple of teams who look strong, doncaster,oldham,barrow,york,rochdale,

And Cullen and McCormack achieved .............................................................................   when some of the same players were a few years younger and only one top team per season to coach against (Huddersfield, Salford, Leigh, Cas).

Give the guy a chance.   It didn't work out for him at Haven but it just might at Town.   Would you begrudge him that???    When he was at Haven, are you saying he never put less than 100% in for your club???     
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 07 Dec 2007, 03:54:19 pm
cullen completley turned the club around with no real star players except lester,leroy and fats and the rest local lads so thats some achievment.

mcormack achived a 2nd place finish and 2 grand finals.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 07 Dec 2007, 05:02:42 pm
All in all DR couldn't lace there boots just not in the same class.I couldn't give a flyn f*** what he does at town anyway. roll on Jan I'm looking forward to our season. ;D ;D

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 07 Dec 2007, 05:34:15 pm
cullen completley turned the club around with no real star players except lester,leroy and fats and the rest local lads so thats some achievment.

mcormack achived a 2nd place finish and 2 grand finals.

yeah but cullen didnt have any fulltime opposition and nobody expected much McCormack had Leigh one year then Cas the next and we were beaten by both Rotherham had Hull KR Widnes and Leigh one year then Cas Widnes and Leigh the next and not forgetting a Fax team that improved vastly over the season he had players coming to the end of their careers in seeds lester and trindall im not saying DR is a great coach, he isnt, but he had a far harder job then Cullen or McCormack
haven till i die

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 07 Dec 2007, 08:59:40 pm
its sad to see people ribbing town players for doing something for CHARITY, but hey i suppose thats banter. 

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 08 Dec 2007, 12:19:55 pm
90% of it aint charity mate.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 08 Dec 2007, 01:11:26 pm
90% of it aint charity mate.

maybe not, but its ?1 more per calendar than anything our lot are doing for charity! ;)

good luck to them i say, and as mrs hw said, "can you imagine our lot doing it"? ???

of course not, they're too busy wondering if everyone in whitehaven "knows who they are"! :o
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 08 Dec 2007, 02:34:37 pm
u cant complain bout us not giving to charity and then complain about the state of our ground and toilets. we cant afford to do charity lol we need charity for the rec  :P

IpswichSteve

Reply #29 on: 08 Dec 2007, 03:23:03 pm
Steve it wasn't that long ago that a lot of Town fans thought Stokes was the best coach outside SL. We've had the Rotheram experience and as you can tell it wasn't all that rosey. To be honest I don't think he'll do that much at Town as he tends to have certain undroppable players, you're going on a lot of hearsay regarding how good a coach DR is, we've seen the results of his coaching prowess, this isn't out of any bitterness towards Town its just as I see it. Granted you need a bit of professionalism thrown into the mix up there he'll provide plenty of that, but there's just that little niggling thing that just didn't sit right regarding the coaching at Haven over the past couple of years, I don't know what it was, I don't think anyone on here will be able to point it out, but there was something just missing at times. Rugby played by percentages can only take you so far, as we've found out. Good luck for the coming season, I think you'll win more than last season but will still lack that certain something when the chips are down. We've been through it, so I think people can comment about what they've seen and what they expect to see from DR's teams.

Recre, no problem with Haven fans not liking Rotheram, just thought it was a bit harsh on
PM's part to raise the subject in relation to a charity calendar.

Although happy with his appointment I am not totally convinced by him and
the recruitment of traveling players doesn't impress me.  Rather two quota
players and Dean Burgess rather than the three Rochdale players.  We
fought hard to get extra quota place, now we don't have any quota players.

Still wait and see, he should certainly give us a more professional approach. A
lot will depend on the likes of Campbell & Lunts.