HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Fletcher signs 2 Year Deal

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 07 Dec 2007, 08:47:23 am
some thing to think about

fletch had one year left on his contract with no get out clause in it, that is now void and he has a 2 year contract with a get out cluase should his family not settle

think this puts the club in a weaker postion regarding a fee should he want away
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 07 Dec 2007, 09:27:32 am
thing is bkm his family is very settled and they love the area as does fletch

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 07 Dec 2007, 11:53:49 am
Has he recovered from his injury yet?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 07 Dec 2007, 12:46:24 pm
he due to start training this coming week tuesda if he gets the all clear but wont be risked in the town game as will duffy

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 07 Dec 2007, 01:20:06 pm
thing is bkm his family is very settled and they love the area as does fletch

maybe so but why the clause in the contract
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 07 Dec 2007, 01:34:13 pm

fletch had one year left on his contract with no get out clause in it, that is now void and he has a 2 year contract with a get out clause should his family not settle

think this puts the club in a weaker postion regarding a fee should he want away

Yet again the glass must be half empty!!!!

Was it beyond you to start this post with just a few positive words?

RIDICULOUS!!!!!

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 07 Dec 2007, 01:40:44 pm

fletch had one year left on his contract with no get out clause in it, that is now void and he has a 2 year contract with a get out clause should his family not settle

Yet again the glass must be half empty!!!!

Was it beyond you to start this post with just a few positive words?

RIDICULOUS!!!!!

pleased he has committed to the club but why the clause thats all im asking
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 07 Dec 2007, 02:58:57 pm
probably because if he's family dont like living here then he will have to do what is best for them and move elsewhere
haven till i die

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 07 Dec 2007, 03:02:18 pm
probably because if he's family dont like living here then he will have to do what is best for them and move elsewhere

which means te club are in a weaker position with this 2 year deal and a clause in ,rather than a one year left on his current deal with no clause
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 07 Dec 2007, 03:05:19 pm
but he and he's family settle well up here it could lead to another extention next season and the season after etc
haven till i die

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 07 Dec 2007, 03:18:32 pm
He's  a  class  signing  and  lets  hope  he  stays  for  the  rest  of his  career.  He has  a  job  up  here  along  with  accommodation.  His  eldest  will  be  at  a  local  school  and  if  his  wife  has  a  job  then  all  that  may  make  another  move  away  difficult.  For  me  the  key  to  getting  players  from  away  up  here  and  give  the  club  good  service ( ie  Lester, Fats  and Leroy )  is  to  move  them  here  and  settle  them  in.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 07 Dec 2007, 05:00:55 pm
but he and he's family settle well up here it could lead to another extention next season and the season after etc

So if he and his family are settled then why have a clause signed into the contract ????

Understandable if he had just signed but he hasn't.
I agree with BKM there is no need for a get out clause say a bigger club come in for him and he's interested all he has to say now is my family are unsettled and he can walk from the contract.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 07 Dec 2007, 05:28:15 pm
whats to say his family have settled yet? clauses like this will be in alot of contracts for haven players and for players at other clubs maybe fletcher doesnt want to stay at haven the rest of his playing career that doesnt mean he wont give everything next season. When he asked for the clause he will have been thinking about his family he wont want his family to be unhappy so if they are unhappy here then he will obviously want to go elsewhere
haven till i die

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 07 Dec 2007, 06:25:47 pm
whats to say his family have settled yet? clauses like this will be in alot of contracts for haven players and for players at other clubs maybe fletcher doesnt want to stay at haven the rest of his playing career that doesnt mean he wont give everything next season. When he asked for the clause he will have been thinking about his family he wont want his family to be unhappy so if they are unhappy here then he will obviously want to go elsewhere

His family are settled i know this for certain as i work with him, so as BKM says no need for a clause, i know he is happy here and i think the clause is more to do with how we do next season than the family reasons

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 07 Dec 2007, 07:12:14 pm
Only people on this site could possibly pluck negativity from the jaws of positivity. Yet another thread that should be positive all the way has broken down with the presence of doom. For god sake look on the bright side for once. The guy has signed a two year deal. END!

We might as well start a new thread!

' When will Richard Fletcher Leave?'

Would anybody like to start the bidding!!!!

ANZAC will start with October 07, OOPS! sorry thats in the past which means he must have been wrong!