HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Disappoitned to read Des Byrnes comments on an Overseas signing

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
He seem to suggest in the Evening News and Star taht any decion as to whether we fill our quota spot will be taken after the NR Cup games.

Byrne said: ?Paul is in no rush to find another forward but he will assess the squad during the Northern Rail Cup and then see how we are shaping.

?He has always said that he isn?t going to sign just anybody ? they have to be the right player for the team ? and that?s fine.?

Two players ? Kiwi Karl Edmondson and Tongan Saia Makisi ? have still to join the squad for the build-up to the 2008 season.

?Karl is coming over in the new year and should be here on January 12 and hopefully Saia will be here around the same time. That?s going to give them both time to bed in before we start the Northern Rail Cup in early February.

?We?re looking forward to seeing them in training and in Whitehaven colours when the season gets underway,? said Byrne.

Personally i cant understand the decision.  We will be the only team in the division without a quota player.  We bring somone in in April when they willneed time to settle down when they could sign somebody for the pre season and give them time to intergrate within the team.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
I  can  see  it  from  both  sides.  Yes  it  would  be  nice  to  get  an  overseas  signing  as  the  2  we  have  don't  count  on  the  quota  but  why  rush  into  it  just  for  the  sake  of  filling  up  the  quota.  Why  not  see  how  we  get  on  in  the  NRC  especially against  the  likes  of  Fax  and  then  make  a  decision.  After  all  we  got  Tandy  and  Leafe  part  way  through  the  season.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
we have 2 overseas players coming over .Would it make it better if edmundson got put on the overseas quata. Just because their from australia dosent make them  better players. The reason they come over is because no top NRL teams want them

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
well i think you will see a 2nd rower from australia as are over seas player after the nrc (wich is not half way through the season) its before the league season starts

another positive post boxer (anzac in disguise anzac anzav in disguise)

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Theres no rush in getting a player, what if we did sign someone and a better one came along we all would be saying we should have waited, lets see how we go with the team we have and hopefully pick a good player on the way.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
He seem to suggest in the Evening News and Star taht any decion as to whether we fill our quota spot will be taken after the NR Cup games.

Byrne said: ?Paul is in no rush to find another forward but he will assess the squad during the Northern Rail Cup and then see how we are shaping.

?He has always said that he isn?t going to sign just anybody ? they have to be the right player for the team ? and that?s fine.?

Two players ? Kiwi Karl Edmondson and Tongan Saia Makisi ? have still to join the squad for the build-up to the 2008 season.

?Karl is coming over in the new year and should be here on January 12 and hopefully Saia will be here around the same time. That?s going to give them both time to bed in before we start the Northern Rail Cup in early February.

?We?re looking forward to seeing them in training and in Whitehaven colours when the season gets underway,? said Byrne.

Personally i cant understand the decision.  We will be the only team in the division without a quota player.  We bring somone in in April when they willneed time to settle down when they could sign somebody for the pre season and give them time to intergrate within the team.

Keep that Negativity coming Boxer. I hear that it is now official that you have taken up the 'Negativity Quota Place' on this forum. Congratulations on your new appointment, your not quite up to the standards of ANZAC yet but your progressing well.

P.S. For what its worth my opinion on this matter is that the club should go with PC wants. Also we don't know everything, even though some people think that they do.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Its better keeping abit of money in the pot incase we get injuries halfway throu the season