HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

saia makisi

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 09 Nov 2007, 01:20:45 pm
looking good hopefully will be a class signing i can say 1 thing we got some real pace over the enitre field that will trouble any team now

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 25 Nov 2007, 12:27:19 am
quote from a guy on rlfans about makisi

Rooster Booster
Free-scoring winger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted:
Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:44 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice lad, worked with him at the Bears in 06.

In that season he scored 2 tries and 2 try assists, made 14 offloads and 5 line breaks in his 10 games. Averaged 9 hit ups and 2 scoots per game.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 25 Nov 2007, 01:03:23 am
sounds class would stan the man let us down i think hel be a gem and cant wait to c this years team its much stronger than last seasons imho

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 25 Nov 2007, 09:37:29 pm

In that season he scored 2 tries and 2 try assists, made 14 offloads and 5 line breaks in his 10 games. Averaged 9 hit ups and 2 scoots per game.

I don't doubt he is a nice lad but his stats are pants.  2 trys in 10 games for a strike winger!  5 breeaks in ten games thats 1 break every two games for god sake.  His work rate don't look that good either 11 carries a match?

Apart from the Stan martin recomendation which infact wasn't a recommendation as such i.e there was a strong cavet that Stan hadn't seen him play for a number of years I have seen nothing in this guys past to demonstrate he is going to be any good.

Certainly would not describe him as class based on his past stats.   

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #34 on: 25 Nov 2007, 10:00:46 pm
lets see him play before we right him off boxer. u are like anzac. give the guy a break

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 26 Nov 2007, 12:43:19 pm

I don't doubt he is a nice lad but his stats are pants.  2 trys in 10 games for a strike winger!  5 breeaks in ten games thats 1 break every two games for god sake.  His work rate don't look that good either 11 carries a match?

Apart from the Stan martin recomendation which infact wasn't a recommendation as such i.e there was a strong cavet that Stan hadn't seen him play for a number of years I have seen nothing in this guys past to demonstrate he is going to be any good.

Certainly would not describe him as class based on his past stats.   

whats to say this team didn't play the game by just using big forwards to carry the ball without looking to use the backs, or maybe his center didn't pass the ball very often or maybe he is a winger more in the Steve Maden mold doesn't score many tries but a strong runner and solid on defense. i know its easy to say these things but it also easy to say oh he didn't score 10 tries in 10 games he is no good we have to wait until we see the new players before we criticize them
haven till i die

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 11 Dec 2007, 05:34:02 pm
some quotes from match reports about saia for all the doubters

for Luke Fatnowna to gather as the ball spread wide to Saia Makisi who sprinted down the left touchline before offloading to Daniel Watkins for the 4 point

Norths put Balmain under pressure via a bomb and the ball found it\'s way back to Saia Makisi mid air to land in the in-goal and score

A wayward kick by Balmain was caught by Bears centre Saia Makisi who ran 85 metres before being tackled short of the try line

a fast footed Saia Makisi

Centre Saia Makisi and North Sydney Junior Liam Foran celebrate one of Saia's three tries.

Saia Makisi was named Players Player

landed in goal as a million hands stretched out for the grounding - Saia Makisi won the race