HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

John Lebbon

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
on: 11 Dec 2007, 06:47:40 pm
just had a read of the rl express it says leb has contacted paul crarey about coming back to the club after his rugby union commitments are over and john has stated himself to cresta he would be a good "squad" player  ;D

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2007, 09:08:48 pm
to be honest do we want players who are happy with being just squad players? surely we want every player to be fighting to be first choice in their position
haven till i die

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2007, 09:10:10 pm
we need cover for the wings imo and leb is good cover

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2007, 09:12:11 pm
yeah i agree but should we be going after players who are happy with just being cover for other players? if signed he would be playing academy games most of the season with a few games here and there
haven till i die

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2007, 09:16:07 pm
we might get injuries along the way every club has them (hope we dont) but we might if adibisi or calvert got injured is lancaster ready to step in imo no he wouldnt thats where leb would be handy

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2007, 10:51:28 am
I think the reason lebon never signed back on last year was he wanted first team rugby thats why he went up scotland to play for kelso. I dont no were its at but im sure it is a couple of hours off  so that shows how much he wanted to play.Everybody  nose what a good player he is but i get the feeling he will be going barrow or the jamm eaters

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2007, 02:25:04 pm
doesnt like rotherham so cant see him heading to town

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 12 Dec 2007, 05:24:00 pm
give the guy a chance , he did nothing wrong last saeson . it was just the fact he was not one of the blue eyed boys. players should be picked on merits not just if your face fits

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 12 Dec 2007, 05:24:24 pm
Its in tonights news and star.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 12 Dec 2007, 07:31:17 pm
in the whitehaven news

des says he hopes to complete the lebbon deal in 24 hours snatching him from under the noses of town  ;D

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 12 Dec 2007, 08:48:20 pm
If Lebbon has got any sense / ambition for himself he will sign for Workington.  he has never broken into the Whitehaven team under either mcormack or Rotherham and is unlikley to do so under Crarey.

He is realistically going for either a wing or centre spot and will be behing Calvert, Adisi, Maksi, Elibeck, Jackson and Scott Mcavoy for one of those four positions.  At best he will get a game if we have a bad run of injuries.

Pretty muchas he has done over the last four years. At Town he wuld have a realistic chance of cementing a wing spot in the first team and establishing his confidence / experience.

Not fussed either way if he stays at haven he will be a solid Accademy palyer if he  goes to town no real loss.   

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 12 Dec 2007, 10:24:18 pm
I think lebbon will start behind abisi and calvert but if they get injuries he will get a game and it wont weaken the team. Last year we played derry and rob jackson on the wing and neither of them played well. Competion for places is what you want

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 12 Dec 2007, 11:16:09 pm
are wingers consist of
calvert
adebisi
lancaster

derrie is not quick enough for a winger
makisi can cover there but wil play centre.
rob jackson had a decent game there but id rather see him at centre

lancaster isnt ready for first team rugby yet so lebbon would be the obvious choice to put in

yet another positive post boxer  ::)

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:57:07 pm
Lebbon wings in
14 Dec 2007 -
Whitehaven RLFC have today anounced the re-signing of winger John Lebbon. The 22 year old has signed a two year contract with Haven and joined the team training last night.

John was out of contract at the end of last season and was keen to sign for Haven despite strong attempts by his former coach Dave Rotheram to lure him to Workington.

Devoid of first team chances last season John played rugby union for Kelso but is hoping to force his way into the squad next season

welcome back john hopefully you wil get a chance  ;D

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 14 Dec 2007, 05:25:17 pm
delighted john has re-signed for haven,  a very dolid winger who never let us down in the games he got!!

why would he even have considered going to town where the arse of a coach wouldnt even give him a chance when he was at haven?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good