HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ricky Wright

Offline mighty haven

• Academy Signing
  • up the haven
on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:58:02 pm
i have herd he has moved down to Leeds for a new job so will we see him in a haven top again?

Lets hope not ;D ;D

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2007, 04:47:37 pm
i have herd he has moved down to Leeds for a new job so will we see him in a haven top again?

Lets hope not ;D ;D

Ohhh harsh .................................... but true lmao  ;)
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2007, 05:14:47 pm
maybe he will sign for his old club sheffield? not far from leeds or maybe sign for york or hunslet?

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2007, 11:00:37 pm
or bramley/skirlaugh/west hull more like lol

At the end of the day ricky is is a haven player, cresta obviousley thinks he is a decent player otherwise he would have gone by now. sorry to upset the bandwagon that seems to hate him.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2007, 11:06:14 pm
i didnt think ricky was contracted to us i thought he was on a pay as you play basis?

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2007, 11:56:19 am
cant see why he is not liked he has not let anyone down imo
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2007, 05:59:58 pm
I  think  he  is  a  good  squad  player.  Maybe  not  someone  who  would  get  an  automatic  spot  but  if  we  get  a  few  injuries  he's  more  than  an  able  replacement.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2007, 03:15:43 pm
I would say he's solid without being spectacular. Every squad needs players like that, however not many fans appreciate this type of player as they're not "fashionable"

Offline mighty haven

• Academy Signing
  • up the haven
Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2007, 08:28:04 pm
need to get rid of this clown

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 21 Dec 2007, 12:14:19 am
just not good enough. trys 100% but we need better players. cnt knock his effot n commitment but he where we need to move on from

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 21 Dec 2007, 12:05:44 pm
not ever player can be a world beater he gives 100% and hasnt done anything wrong when he has played a good cover player IMO
haven till i die

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 22 Dec 2007, 07:09:23 pm
You lads who think Ricky Wright isn't a bad player are obviously watching a different game to me. Giving 100% is an admirable quality but if it is not matched with ability it's as much good as an ashtray on a motorbike. Ricky only has one style of attacking rugby and I can't honestly remember the last time I saw him burst a tackle,  he has poor defence and is boring to watch. As was Simon Baldwin and one or two others who shall remain nameless. Yes I agree that as well as the superstars you also need the grafters, but come on raise your'e expectations a bit. There are better local forwards out there than Ricky wright, he's keeping a good young lad out of a job.

As Alan Sugar would say " Ricky you're  a nice guy buy you're a lightweight and you're fired" I suspect he would also say to Scott Teare and Derrie Eilbeck " you two had better sharpen your act or you'll be next."

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 22 Dec 2007, 09:09:42 pm
Ricky only has one style of attacking rugby and I can't honestly remember the last time I saw him burst a tackle,  he has poor defence and is boring to watch. As was Simon Baldwin and one or two others who shall remain nameless.

Oh I don't know, you can hardly say Simon Baldwin was boring. I think he was in there for comical value ;)

As regards to Ricky Wright. Good cover player at best but I don't think you can put him in the same league as Baldwin!

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 22 Dec 2007, 10:47:43 pm
harsh on wright to called him anothere baldwin he not that bad. dont get the point on derry. he was most improved player last year and could be really good

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 23 Dec 2007, 10:36:40 am
If Wright aint good enough then you would have to rule out the entire accademey squad, Half of whom we are relying on as back up this year Teare, Miller Wright, Lebbon, Mcdonald, Ford  are all in the catagory of steady but unspectacular.  Fact is they ar going to form 25 -35% of our first team sqaud next year.  So get used to it.