HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ricky Wright

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 23 Dec 2007, 01:57:54 pm
im sory boxer but sometimes you talk rubbish. wright played in the acadamy a couple of times last year and never looked as good as ford or pobs. the acadamy are fully of players who have the skills but are learning the game so they can be a first team player. ricky wright is at his best now. we had a coach last year who would not take a risk on acadamy players and prefered to go for someone like wright hopefull the new coach is gonna be different from what he has said. you are so negative i wonder if you are a wind up sometimes. we have some great young players at this club that can make an impact i dont know how you can write them off

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 23 Dec 2007, 03:14:23 pm
Well i have only ever seen bainbridge, ford and baker play and they all looked a million miles from NL1 players.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 23 Dec 2007, 03:18:15 pm
i think bamber has got a bit to go. disagree with ford tho. there is hodgeson shacks chris smith benson shaw that all look geat prospects and more

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 23 Dec 2007, 05:40:26 pm
shaw,shackley,benson,chris smith,ford,farrar,amor could all play in the first team depending if the latter 2 sign up or not

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 23 Dec 2007, 11:12:22 pm
we already know Ford and Benson could play 1st team if needed amor probably could Shacks and Farrer at a push maybe but Chris Smith is definitely not ready to play first team regularly i hope he does well against town i think he will do OK but he shouldn't really be considered for the first team for another 2/3 maybe even 4 years
haven till i die

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 24 Dec 2007, 02:11:38 am
Give me abreak..  You blokes are in dream land..  None of those individuals will ever be regular players at Whitehaven unless we plumet to NL 2

Ford played two games and looked like he needed CPR after 10 minutes in his last game for the first team he was in capable of going back on the itch int he second half.  Dewsbury at (H)

Bensons last games in the first team.  Leigh (A) Let a try in with a missed tackle down his wing and then got "knocked " out trying to bring the ball out his own 22m area

Bainbridge Dewsbury (A) on Sky ..enough said every one saw the performence and reached the same conclusion.

None of the accadamey players will ever make the first team on a regular basis becasue quite simply they aint good enough..  If they were they ould be playing now.  No doubt Crarey will give one or two a go in the NRC but deep down he knows any player worth his salt goes straight into the first team.  I.e Sice Seeds Rudd Calvert mcavoy Eilbeck Mattinson.  Its a fact supported by history mate so stop wasting everyones time pretending there are six stars waiting to escape the accademy.  There are none. 

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 24 Dec 2007, 02:24:22 am
boxer the acedmy is the future whatever your opinion is keep it to yourself because frankly i think you talk rubbish

1.fordy would be a wigan player if he moved to wigan
2. shackley would be with warrington if he lived in warrington
3.benson played a couple of times yes he did get knocked out but so did fielden and half of super league players
4.we dont have the money to sign superstars rather have local lads with big hearts take spencer miller for example than a no hoper

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 24 Dec 2007, 03:49:19 am
Give me abreak..  You blokes are in dream land..  None of those individuals will ever be regular players at Whitehaven unless we plumet to NL 2

Ford played two games and looked like he needed CPR after 10 minutes in his last game for the first team he was in capable of going back on the itch int he second half.  Dewsbury at (H)

Bensons last games in the first team.  Leigh (A) Let a try in with a missed tackle down his wing and then got "knocked " out trying to bring the ball out his own 22m area

Bainbridge Dewsbury (A) on Sky ..enough said every one saw the performence and reached the same conclusion.

None of the accadamey players will ever make the first team on a regular basis becasue quite simply they aint good enough..  If they were they ould be playing now.  No doubt Crarey will give one or two a go in the NRC but deep down he knows any player worth his salt goes straight into the first team.  I.e Sice Seeds Rudd Calvert mcavoy Eilbeck Mattinson.  Its a fact supported by history mate so stop wasting everyones time pretending there are six stars waiting to escape the accademy.  There are none. 

you talk so much sh*t its unbelievable Ford will be first choice prop in a few seasons no doubt Benson is the replacement for GB we all know that Bamber will be scrum half in a few years Chris Smith will be hooker Shacks will make first team how can you say none of them will make it the oldest of them is about 22 years old didn't sice play for the haven academy then go to town and then back to haven? Academy teams are the way forward thats why every other team in the country has them you cant say every other team in this league has a better academy set up with better players because the academy finished 6th if I'm not mistaken. yes there are players who wont play 1st team but there are some that will be the core of the first team in years to come. Bringing players straight from the amateur game just isn't done any more unless thery're the finished product who will get straight in the first team the players in the academy are still learning and still improving

If none of the academy lads are good enough and will never be good enough we may as well stop now because we havent got the money as i suspect no club has to go and keep buying new players without bringing our own through
haven till i die

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #23 on: 24 Dec 2007, 12:58:36 pm
 I think we can all agree that in the future these lads may have a chance but not quite yet. What they need is first team rugby. We need these guys playing ie. NL2 regularly if they are to reach their potential. Widnes had a couple of their academy players at town last year on loan and perhaps that is what some of  ours need - a decent run out at a half decent level. I don't think they can really progress massively playing in the academy. To bring this topic full circle just like Ricky Wright they are good as back up. Week in week out (unless they have improved) they just won't be good enough at NL1 level.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #24 on: 24 Dec 2007, 03:22:33 pm
None of them willl make NL1 regulars this year. Some of them need a rocket up their ar*e, ,may be Cresta will be the person to do it, with coaching, .......or explaining which way's up....... or both.

People keep blaming Rotherham, but reality is, they were not worth extended runs in the first team last year, and unless the best have improved dramatically over the closed season, I can't see any of them making regulars this year ......... unless we drop our standard significantly.

If however that's what's got to be done, to bring the best of them on for future years, then the BOD and coach have my support, because buying the team in whole sale is the way of the past.

Playing at the standard they are in at the moment does not in itself make NL1 quality players.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 26 Dec 2007, 12:51:14 am
few points from last few posts most aimed at boxer.
ford looks knackered if he thinks of running but actually is quite fit from the games last year. accadamy team was one the youngest in their league last year a rotherham didnot like to make the 1st teamers that were not picked available. rotherham droppped bamber after 2 games early in the season without explaining to him when hee had layed well and rothereham showed little intrest in the acadam missed games that he shouldnt have. we have the best young talent we pos can and the club should nurture it better and i believe carey will help set that up.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 26 Dec 2007, 01:10:45 pm
Think we should look at signing Tony Burns Michael Ramsden Ashley Mcdonald Shaun Flanagan John-Paul Brockelbank. Michael Maxwell
haven till i die

Monte2carlo

Reply #27 on: 26 Dec 2007, 01:31:50 pm
Why don't we start to look at the youngers from the outside Copeland area ?

Monte

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 26 Dec 2007, 02:06:08 pm
Theres  potentially  alot  of  talent  within  the  acadamy  but  unfortunalty  few  will  really  make  it  because  they  simply  haven't  got  what  it  takes  ie  dedication.  Many  love  the  nightlife  and  most  have  jobs  so  they  look  at  playing  part-time  as  a  way  of  extra  pocket  money.  I  bet  the  acadamy  lads  at  the  likes  of  Leeds  or  Saints  or  any  other  top  club  put  in  10  times  more  effort  just  to  become  a  half  decent  pro ???

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 26 Dec 2007, 02:34:56 pm
yeah true but if the acadamy lads gave everything they had didnt go out at the weekend they would still be part time if they signed for haven
haven till i die