HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Alan Irving's 'On The Ball'

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 30 Nov 2006, 05:35:56 pm
After reading the column for quite a number of years iam starting to question why he is charged with penning the weekly article regarding all things going on down on Coach Road. There is rarely anything of interest to comment on and his constant backslapping of Mr Rotherham is at times sickening. He seems to have no strong opinion on anything. Surely there is something better to write about than the fact that the 'Haven coach has volunteered to be hypnotised? In fact the column is so poor he has to trawl these message boards to find anything to put to print.

I suggest a weekly column from someone such as  within the club (Des Byrne perhaps)  would be more interesting to Whitehaven supporters and act as a medium for news on prospective signings ect to be relayed to the public instead of the blackout that we are currently experiencing?

Yes wine improves with age but everything else im afraid goes stale.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2006, 05:57:57 pm
why do you never have nothing constructive to say? alan irving is a fan like the rest of us he writes a good artical that he will put alot of time into so give the guy sum credit please and if alan does read this message board and reads this well done squire keep up the good work as for the starter of this thread i think he needs to grow up and stop trying to put people down

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2006, 06:01:44 pm
Alan like the rest of us is bored, its the off season, we're looking to him for something of interest and it appears he looks to us too, via this forum.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2006, 06:15:34 pm
I  find  it  amazing  he  can  write  so  much  about  our  club  during  the  off-season. 

He  does  however  tend  to  go  over  similar  ground  in  many  of  his  articles.  I've  lost  track  how  many  times he's  brought  up  the  subject  of  who  should  play  at  N.9.

After  saying  that  he  makes  some  good  points  and  his  column  is  one  of  the  1st  I  read  when  I  buy  the  paper.

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2006, 07:19:46 pm
well said haven hora

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2006, 08:22:55 pm
reg why dont u just do us all a favour n go n support town then u have something to twine about

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2006, 08:24:23 pm
just had a thougt are u realy a townie reg?

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 30 Nov 2006, 10:17:50 pm
its the 1st thing i read in the whitehaven news well done alan keep up the good work
NO PAIN NO GAIN

specialbrew92

Reply #8 on: 01 Dec 2006, 09:00:39 am
If it wasn't for Alan Irving's other column i'd never have found out about wine LOL

Keep up the good work, although he has calmed down from his Town bashing days

Monte

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 01 Dec 2006, 12:07:55 pm
just had a thougt are u realy a townie reg?
ive always thought tt

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 01 Dec 2006, 05:05:22 pm
I think someone is just expressing sour grapes because he got named and shamed in the column recently.  ;)

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 01 Dec 2006, 06:03:30 pm
I think someone is just expressing sour grapes because he got named and shamed in the column recently.  ;)
very true you may have hit the nail on the head