HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

new coach for donny..........

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 16 Dec 2007, 02:31:46 pm
don caster sugar have announced that cellery hankey is their new coach, he is reportedly on ?90,000 per year for 3 years, if some of the press are to be believed..

HOW THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!  can they manage to do that, when the coach's salary is included in the salary cap and they can only spend 50% of their income on the salary cap!!!!!  for them to be able to do that, they would have needed to be getting over 13,000 fans in every home game!!!!

please dont anyone feel sorry for them next season when it all goes tits up and they have no more money........AGAIN!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2007, 07:03:39 pm
Do  the  RFL  really  care  anymore  on  who  spends  what. >:(

Offline Jemmo

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2007, 10:48:23 am
As the original post suggests...it is practically impossible for us to be spending ?90k a year on him...which is why we're not, regardless of what the News of the World might say!

never has one Sunday rag, been believed by so many and caused so many issues!

As of this year the RFL have to rubber stamp every signing before they are confirmed (at least it was reported last year they would be)
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2007, 10:50:10 am by Jemmo »

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2007, 11:55:41 am
Coaching staff do NOT count on the salary cap.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2007, 09:14:06 pm
As the original post suggests...it is practically impossible for us to be spending ?90k a year on him...which is why we're not, regardless of what the News of the World might say!

As of this year the RFL have to rubber stamp every signing before they are confirmed (at least it was reported last year they would be)

It's only in SLE where they ahve to confirm every signing

Offline Jemmo

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2007, 12:45:56 pm

Aah...Cheers I stand corrected

(although it raises the question...why?)

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2007, 02:28:10 pm

Aah...Cheers I stand corrected

(although it raises the question...why?)

Come on now Jemmo marra you should know its because we don't play the same game as those in SL. (Well we don't have the same rules as them do we)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2007, 06:01:52 pm
If  Donny  start  chucking  money  around  like  they  did  last  season  then  they'll  end  up  in  the  same  mess  as  last  year  unless  someone's  bankrolling  them  big  style :o

Monte2carlo

Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2007, 09:59:25 pm
I predict the future of 2008

Begging bowls around the keepmoat stadium during the summer , it will end in tears again

Monte

Offline Jemmo

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2007, 08:46:24 am
I see we're still over looking the fact we're not paying him anywhere near as much as the NOTW said  ::)

I pretty sure we're allowed to have a coach!  ???

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 19 Dec 2007, 10:26:50 am
I see we're still over looking the fact we're not paying him anywhere near as much as the NOTW said  ::)

Jemmo, I think a lot of the NOTW reporters learn they're trade on here. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story and a good old moan.  ;) (By the way you know me better as DB on RLfans  ;))

Offline Jemmo

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 19 Dec 2007, 11:33:54 am

Jemmo, I think a lot of the NOTW reporters learn they're trade on here. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story and a good old moan.  ;) (By the way you know me better as DB on RLfans  ;))

Aye I know who you are....that's why I am stearing clear  :P

PS Merry Christmas

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 19 Dec 2007, 12:36:34 pm
Merry Christmas to thoo as well marra.