HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Lost Lottery Members

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
on: 19 Dec 2007, 06:58:07 pm
Not wanting to sound too critical but this looks like a big own goal ( how big seems to be unclear ) with not replenishing lost members.
We should not assume that members will stay loyal long term, and new blood is always needed.
I hope that the BOD invest in( yes pay for ) collectors to allow canvassing of new members to take place.
The national lottery has lost 30+% of its members since 1995 and that fiasco suggests that it is difficult to get them back.

And to top it off the Townies are putting a lot of effort into new lottery recruits.

Come on DF et al lets get canvassing.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2007, 08:04:55 pm
how many members on this forum?????? and how many are members of the lottery? why dont they join .it all helps

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2007, 09:15:07 pm
how many members on this forum?????? and how many are members of the lottery? why dont they join .it all helps

can't say i've seen anyone collecting money in sandwith,perhaps if someone commited to coming round the "village of the damned" then a few villagers might be tempted to join?  ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2007, 09:38:28 pm

can't say i've seen anyone collecting money in sandwith,perhaps if someone commited to coming round the "village of the damned" then a few villagers might be tempted to join?  ;)

why not have a word with champ im sure he can sort you out with a ticket

there offside ref

Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2007, 10:46:59 pm
if you are interested in being a collector in the sandwith area puppetmaster get intouch with the lottery team on 692915. Every little helps

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2007, 10:49:54 pm

We paid by direct debit when we lived in Sandwith.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2007, 12:03:45 am
Is  this  the  lottery  that  was  supposed  to  be  used  for  groung  improvements ??? ???

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2007, 09:14:02 am
id join how do you do it

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2007, 10:39:23 am

On my hit list for new year big fella (as soon as i take delivery of my new crucifix to ward off the evil)  :o

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2007, 02:59:25 pm
id join how do you do it
why not see champ or even call the office on 01946692915 .and they will sort u out

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2007, 03:50:03 pm
how much does it cost ?

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 20 Dec 2007, 03:55:49 pm
do you not think that the reason that people are leaving is that the money collected is not seen to be being spent on the ground.why if we have got the lottery are we being asked to stump up for the 2 new grandstands at ?100 a shot.if we were told were the money was being spent maybe less people would be packing in.i pay for my two tickets by direct debit it is much easier.i am not having a go at the board but if people are kept in the dark they will vote with their feet and that is what has happened.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 20 Dec 2007, 05:25:43 pm
I along with 10 others i attend games with all packed the lottery in this year after being in it from the start.

The reasons are simple we were told the monies raised were towards the ground develpment/improvements and not much has changed at the ground since the lottery started.

So either we were lied to when we signed up or when we signed up we were drunk

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 20 Dec 2007, 08:50:54 pm
how much does it cost ?
1 pound per week

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 21 Dec 2007, 02:46:15 pm
shoot me down but if we have 2000 members at 4 quid a month that 8k a month thats 96k a year?
over 2yr 192k? weres the stand?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL