HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

friday night home games

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
on: 26 Feb 2008, 12:14:15 pm
im not sure if this will boost attendances or not. on a personal front it could be pretty dyer for me as i travel home on fridays  so therefore will miss a number of games.nightmare !

what does everyone think about this proposal ?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2008, 12:44:53 pm
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=799275

trying one agaisnt celtics in april

a very good move not only may improve crowds but improve money over the bar, lets just hope they market it correct and push it big style
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2008, 12:56:16 pm
Not sure if fighting against SL matches is a good idea.

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2008, 04:31:58 pm
Don't forget we promote ourselves as a Family Game, if the game is played on a Friday night, then my 2 children whom normally attend won't be coming.

Could alienate families playing on a Friday evening, also if there is a big game on SKY that could reduce the numbers as well.

Should have had a 'voting flyer' handed out at the next game to gauge fans views before making changes.

justonelilpoint

Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2008, 05:37:24 pm
Barrow played majority of theirs on a  Friday last year and was big success.
Why cant families make it on a Friday night ? would be finished by 9...let kids stay up a  little later in nice summer sun and no school next day they'll love it !  :)

Least they trying some new ideas and trying get fans back.Cant see them doing it for big agmes like Salfird etc when they know there will be big numbers travelling here.
Well done for iniative!

Monte2carlo

Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2008, 06:08:48 pm
I am all for a few games been played on friday night, its worth a TRY

Monte

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2008, 09:22:37 pm
It  could  be  a  good  idea  against  Celtic  as  they  won't  fetch  many  fans  with  them.

Not  sure  against  other  sides  though  especially  those  that  do  bring  a  few  up.  Might  effect  the  gate  if  there  is  a  lack  of  travelling  support  but  still  worth  a  try.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2008, 11:35:51 pm
Moving the Celtic game makes sense as, if played on the sunday, iw would've clashed with Man Utd v Arsenal which would take several hundred off the gate.

It's Castleford v Hull on the friday on sky, which isn't the most attractive of fixtures.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:16:05 am
i think its a cracking idea to try something different,

what i don't understand from the report in the paper saying that NL 1 part-time teams wouldnt agree to playing up here on a friday night due to finding it difficult to get time off work...............in that case WHY THE HELL have we agreed to go to SALTPOT and JEFFIELD on friday nights < until the SALTPOT game was moved to thursday for sky tv> and to FELTIP CRUISELINERS on a saturday?

when the fixtures were announced we should have point blank refused to these dates on the exact same grounds as others would for not coming up here!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 27 Feb 2008, 05:27:12 am
i think its a cracking idea to try something different,

what i don't understand from the report in the paper saying that NL 1 part-time teams wouldnt agree to playing up here on a friday night due to finding it difficult to get time off work...............in that case WHY THE HELL have we agreed to go to SALTPOT and JEFFIELD on friday nights < until the SALTPOT game was moved to thursday for sky tv> and to FELTIP CRUISELINERS on a saturday?

when the fixtures were announced we should have point blank refused to these dates on the exact same grounds as others would for not coming up here!

It might be that you have to nominate your match day at the start of the season (as per Salford, Celtic & Sheffield) but once the fixtures are out you need the other team's agreement to move

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:36:43 pm
personally Fridays is no good for me some of my shifts don't finish till 7 30
 :-\

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 27 Feb 2008, 12:47:41 pm
By the looks of the thread, we could actually loose more supporters than we gain!

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 27 Feb 2008, 01:45:33 pm
How long is it since we had a Friday night KO ?

Got to be worth looking at to see what happens, if it doesn't work, don't do it again, if the crowd doubles .............   

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 29 Feb 2008, 10:07:38 am
How long is it since we had a Friday night KO ?

Got to be worth looking at to see what happens, if it doesn't work, don't do it again, if the crowd doubles .............   

june last year during that maritime crap we played doncaster on the friday night
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good