HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town V Haven - Ike Southward Memorial Friendly

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 30 Dec 2007, 01:41:13 pm
Well that's it folks the embarrassment for Town is over.

Couldn't make it to the match today as hubby was working (gutted)

The final score from Derwent Park

Town 0 - Haven 48

Were Haven "that good" or were Town just dire?

Not a lot of "bragging rights" there for Mr Rotherham after this debacle?

Your thoughts?

Mrs HW
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2007, 01:46:05 pm
poor ditherham  ;D

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2007, 01:50:00 pm
According to bbc radio cumbria, Haven were good today and totally outplayed Town. The best part is that we nilled them at home, without fielding a full strength team. Same same, old for Town! Ha!

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2007, 01:54:17 pm
just wait for the excuses to come from the jam eaters . nice to see mr lebbon get on score sheet

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2007, 02:03:03 pm
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wheres jane PMSL  ;D ;D ;D

there offside ref

Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2007, 03:02:21 pm
ALL the young guns had a good game. was impressed with adebisi & mcDonald aswell. ?11 to get in to what turned out to be a training session for haven.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 30 Dec 2007, 03:25:11 pm
I really thought ton would give it everything today they.... they were absolustley rubbish.  If they expect their fans to turn up to watch that tehn they are kidding themselves.  There was no effort at all.

Anyone know the crowd? 

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2007, 03:55:20 pm
does n e one have starting line up?

minutes of tries, subs
conversions etc would be a great help thanks?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2007, 03:56:03 pm
thought town were really poor today, they had no ideas and no spark, as for haven, was impressed with the new signings, especially mcdonald, he is a good old fashioned aggressive prop, adebisi seems really strong and good in defence, carl rudd seemed to enjoy the freedom he has been given by cresta, as for the young lads i thought they were outstanding, shackley, ford and smith all impressed, hope we can build on this.....well done haven
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Monte2carlo

Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:05:40 pm
Towm were pants !

We have some good signings for this season. The academy lads played really well.  Some impressive fast rugby.

When are we going to get 50+ over them ?

Monte

Oh the ref had a stinker !

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:25:34 pm
any fights missed the match today :(

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:25:44 pm
I honestly think  Town will finish botom 5 in NL2 this yeat so some moderation reality is required>

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:26:19 pm
No fight what so ever.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:29:59 pm
what about sending offs or sin bins usally a few

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 30 Dec 2007, 05:07:30 pm
I thought all The young lads played well. Fats and Jacko look good. Rudd looks like he has overdosed on Christmas turkey and has put a bit of beef on. Adebisis was sharp, enthusiastic and made good yards but didn't get much running opportunity. Leroy was busy and had a decent game. even Scott Teare made a few bullocking runs and at last and played to his weight for periods.

But I'll tell you what McDonald is a pudding. He is massively overweight and grossly unfit and other than 2 ten yard runs contributed nothing to the game. He is worse than Neil Baynes was when he was at his most overweight and unfit stage. Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know rugby.

Fair play to Paul Crarey for trying to play an expansive game on a very heavy pitch. It was very entertaining at times but  he is still going to have a struggle convincing one or two players that the ball needs to get to the fast lads on the wing quickly. Spencer Miller made a good break in the first half  and had four men outside him but for reasons best known to Spencer he took the wrong option and decided to run away from the support causing the move to die when it should have been a certain try. I expect Paul Crarey will give him a good bollocking as against better opposition you can't afford to waste try scoring opportunities like that. There's a new runaround move which involves Gary Broadbent as the pivot but every time it was used it  fizzled out and Gary was caught in possession, I'm sorry to have to say that good fullback that Gary is he is too slow and greedy for this move.

You've got to feel sorry for Workington fans. Their team is absolutely awfull. For a team who once held their own with the very best they are as bad as it can get. Happy New Year