HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town V Haven - Ike Southward Memorial Friendly

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 30 Dec 2007, 05:12:26 pm
after nilling a team at there home ground i cant see why u can find so many negatives?

what more could u ask for with a lack of match action youngsters and first time players i think its a great result!

spencer will learn from that so thats that.

others say mcdonald played very well is this wrong?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 30 Dec 2007, 05:14:06 pm
To the last post ..Do you really believe Mcdonalds is a pudding. We need him to be a decent ,,,counting forward next year.  I did not think he was to bad>  I know what you mean re Baynes like ...but given its Dec I thoight it was encouraging>

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 30 Dec 2007, 05:17:00 pm
First of all apologies to all the Haven fans who came to the match for our lot not putting in an appearance.     That was a truly awful performance and it is difficult to even attempt to pick out good things from our point of view.    We had the same players making the same mistakes in this game as they were all last season and giving away silly penalties.     We still haven't learned to respect possession and sorry to say it but we are in for a very hard season at DP.

I was impressed by the efforts of some of your young academy lads and on today's performance some of them would walk straight into our team.    To be honest, I thought we were that bad that we dragged Haven down  a level or two.  Either that or else your team is also in for a hard season when they meet the top NL1 teams.  

It's early days and I hope both teams can improve by the time the league season starts in earnest on Good Friday.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 30 Dec 2007, 05:29:14 pm
What  has  Mcdonald  got  to  do  to  win  fans  over.  I  thought  he  was  pretty  decent  today.  Maybe  he  wasn't  match  fit  but  was  anyone  after  3  month's.  He  made  good  yards  and  took  some  stopping.  Once  he  gets  more  games  under  his  belt  he'll  get  better  as  will  most.

As  for  today  it  was  a  good  showing.  We  threw  the  ball  about  a  bit  and  looked  dangerous.  Our  new  signings  looked  decent  as  did  the  young'uns.  I'm  not  getting  too  exited  though.  Town  were  poor  and  there's  far  tougher  games  ahead  but  from  what  I've  seen  today  its  looking  good  especially  when  you  consider  we've  got  several  players  to come  in. :)

UP  THE  HAVEN

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 30 Dec 2007, 05:31:37 pm
Keith the usual balanced and fair assesement of the events. I am sure things will pick up for Town Rotherham "is a decent coach" and Campbell Lunt plus two overseas signings will make a big difference in terms f skill and flair.

we went ok but still lack  a real quality strike forward in the back row.  A certin L/F from Sydney Roosters is being talked dicussed who would do some serious damge in NL!>  Soon>>@@??  
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2007, 05:33:13 pm by Boxer »

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #20 on: 30 Dec 2007, 06:39:39 pm
Really good game today, was impressed by the acadamy lads shackly especially thought he had a great game, matty, rudd and adebisi were good and i fote mcdonald also had a decent game

was nice to see us passing the ball about more and keeping wingers on the wing, town were awful i feel sorry for their fans

looking forward to the barrow match wen hopefully a few more new signings will be in the team

well done haven we thrashed the jam eaters one again !!! ;D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

justonelilpoint

Reply #21 on: 30 Dec 2007, 09:01:16 pm
Towm were pants !

We have some good signings for this season. The academy lads played really well.  Some impressive fast rugby.

When are we going to get 50+ over them ?

Monte

Oh the ref had a stinker !

does this mean you maybe changing your views on PC and this new brand of impressive fast rugby Chris ??

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 30 Dec 2007, 09:12:50 pm
mcdonald did well today

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 30 Dec 2007, 11:01:10 pm
macdonald, adebisi, and the young lads were great today

macdonald will take some stopping he didnt look fit today but god he made lavulavu look like nothing thought it was funny when he grabed hole of macs arm and he through him to the floor with one arm lmao but all in all a decent performance for the first game of the season

Monte2carlo

Reply #24 on: 31 Dec 2007, 02:11:37 pm
Towm were pants !

We have some good signings for this season. The academy lads played really well.  Some impressive fast rugby.

When are we going to get 50+ over them ?

Monte

Oh the ref had a stinker !

Chris,

I will wait until we play Halifax before i maybe change my mind

Monte

does this mean you maybe changing your views on PC and this new brand of impressive fast rugby Chris ??

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 01 Jan 2008, 12:30:30 am
Sorry boys if you think my post sounded negative. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance overall ( considering we were well below strength). But I am afraid I will have to disagree with most of the replies to my last post. Agression is the only attribute Ryan McDonald has to offer. He was puffing and blowing like an old overweight has been and other than a couple of 10 yard runs and roughing up a couple of opponents he contributed nothing.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 01 Jan 2008, 08:02:45 pm
Mcdonald was one of the best players on the pitch you must of been watching a different game to the rest of us as your the only person that thinks he didn't play well.

Monte2carlo

Reply #27 on: 01 Jan 2008, 09:24:58 pm
Mcdonald was one of the best players on the pitch you must of been watching a different game to the rest of us as your the only person that thinks he didn't play well.

I have to disagree with you he looks like a ginger Neil Baynes and huffed and puffed for the 30 minutes he was playing.

Monte

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 02 Jan 2008, 09:37:33 am
At last someone who knows rugby Monte. Maybe it's you who have been watching a different game Ryan. I'll tell you what I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and judge him at say the end of the Arriva Trains Cup campaign. By which time he should have lost at least 2 stone and got himself tidied up so that he at least looks like a rugby player. I'm not very hopefull though as i have never been a fan since I first saw him. He's just a thug and a liability. He'll get himself sent off cos he can't control his temper

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 02 Jan 2008, 02:47:34 pm
mcdonald did well he is still off fitness and needs shape up but i think if used off the bench would be quality. made some big hits and cresta wouldnt ave bort him if he didnt fink he could control him. i think fats jacko ford and edmundson may be the first choice if edmundson does what is expected of him as fordy looked class once again. more than happy to have macdonald on board tho.
chris smith had great debut ive said it before on here i think he will go on to big things