HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town V Haven - Ike Southward Memorial Friendly

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 02 Jan 2008, 03:59:01 pm
From what i heard Mcdonald played well i think we should use him off the bench as an impact player we need some rough guys in the team no matter how we want to play we need some people who other players will think "i dont want to play against him". If Shacks gets another game against barrow and impresses and then does ok in the NRC i could see him getting some regular games in he league. Chris will be first choice hooker in a few years i think
haven till i die

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 02 Jan 2008, 04:51:47 pm
what was the gate?

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 02 Jan 2008, 05:17:38 pm
18??

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 02 Jan 2008, 05:21:09 pm
1900 i think

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 02 Jan 2008, 06:01:58 pm
1900 i think
                     AND WE OUT NUMBERED THEM THREE TO ONE :D :D :D
ALWAYS  HAVEN

newton

Reply #35 on: 02 Jan 2008, 07:11:15 pm
From what i heard Mcdonald played well i think we should use him off the bench as an impact player we need some rough guys in the team no matter how we want to play we need some people who other players will think "i dont want to play against him". If Shacks gets another game against barrow and impresses and then does ok in the NRC i could see him getting some regular games in he league. Chris will be first choice hooker in a few years i think
nothing to do with his dad beind on the coaching staff then?

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 02 Jan 2008, 08:08:45 pm
no not at all, chris is a very good player for a 17 year old and can go onto to achieve great things at this club.

but with idiots like you saying he is only here because of his dad you cant of seen him play before,

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 02 Jan 2008, 09:23:37 pm
nothing to do with his dad beind on the coaching staff then?

Not at all when he first signed there were people his age saying its just because of Dave but i think Chris has proved what a quality player he is. He was one of the stand out players of the acadamy in his first season and from what im told did very well in his first team debut
haven till i die

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 03 Jan 2008, 05:21:54 pm
yeah big mac played well like

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #39 on: 03 Jan 2008, 05:38:25 pm
once again il say it chris smith is the future of our club or poss even a bigger club

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 03 Jan 2008, 09:38:11 pm
We seem to be talking about 2 players here, Chris Smith and Ryan mcDonald. The apprentice and the journeyman. On the Town performance one of them looked like a well conditioned, enthusiastic rugby player the other one looked like a testosterone fuelled circus strongman.

Whereas I think that being able to intimidate your opponent gives you an edge the intimidation bit has got to be discrete and not just an act of bravado to excite the crowd.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #41 on: 03 Jan 2008, 11:23:33 pm
chris is at haven cos of his ability.daniel on the other hand could possibly be there cos of his dad