HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

today and players ratings

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
on: 30 Dec 2007, 02:35:45 pm
today the lads were awesome we were missing 7 first team players today, the lads looked really fit aswell. played some great rugby and were awesome in defence.

ratings
Broadbent - 8/10
Calvert - 9/10 just for his try saving tackle on forber
Eilbeck - 8/10
R.Jackson - 8/10
Lebbon - 9/10
Rudd - 8/10
Bainbridge - 8/10
McDonald - 8/10
Mattinson - 8/10
Fatialofa - 8/10
Miller - 8/10
Shackley - 10/10 what a debut great talent for the future
McAvoy 8/10
C.smith - 8/10
Joe - 8/10
Ford - 8/10
M.Jackson - 8/10
Barker -8/10
Adebisi - 8/10
Teare - 8/10 great pace and sidestep for his try :D

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2007, 02:45:26 pm
i thought mcdonald was immense  8)

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2007, 03:20:24 pm
Mcdonald  looks like a "weapon"  on  todays performence.  I would caution on the fact that he is very unpredictable on the fitness and dicipline fronts butr if he maintains that level of commitment he is more than capable.  He is obviously a bloke who has always had the talent nad size but his attitude and dedication have been lacking.  Maybe these are going to be his glory years. 
Lets not forget Leeds first signed him based on his youtrh potential.

Shakley went very well ...far from the deal ...but certainly one who will play a number of games this year

Town........  Oh **** .. Still rate Rotherham as a decent coach but he should have waited for a decent offer while his CV was clean.  !         

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:19:18 pm
thought mcavoy was off the pace didnt seem to interested not looking for the ball as a loose forward should, shackley-immense, ford-excellent, but the mom for me was rudd- he had a hand in just about every try although his kicking was poor by his standards
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 2008, 01:38:33 am
Agree re Mcavoy  he jsut dosent seem fit or as powerful anymore.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 01 Jan 2008, 12:15:24 pm
I,m  sure  I  read  somewhere  McCavoy  was  recovering  from  a  bout  of  flu.  If  true  that  might  explain  his  below  par  performance.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 01 Jan 2008, 03:18:54 pm
also got a knock early on his ankle. then it went again in the 2nd half.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 02 Jan 2008, 03:02:54 pm
maccavoy has taken a few games to get going for us in the past we no he will come good. all the young players where excellent and new signings too. very impressed so far. to see us throw the ball round like that was brilliant. not seen that for atleast 2years maybe more. that match dont show us anythink on where we will be in the league this season but it does show us that atleast we will play good entertaining rugby. come on haven

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 2008, 12:39:17 am
we cant take nothing from the game it was a friendly and the lads wer not fit noone on the field was fit but yea we threw the ball around a bit and the pitch was heavy but the speed of the game was very slow and when the boys are fit it will be fast and exciting to watch

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 03 Jan 2008, 02:30:21 pm
If we can't take nothing from the win then what is the point in playing pre season friendlies?
Put it this way if we had been on the receiving end of a ten try hammering believe me our so called fans would have slated the team, the coach and the BOD.
There was a lot of positives to take from the game, and also areas for PC to look to improve on even at this early stage.
These games are to give the squad a run out and some physical contact which is much needed after a three month lay off