HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Shambles

champ · 25 · 2434

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
on: 31 Dec 2007, 12:03:41 pm
First of all Mrs Kennedy upsets our 6 year old mascot by screaming at him for daring to want to lead his team out.  Then what happend to the trophy presentation.  Im sure Ikes family were very impressed with the lack of a presentation in front of the fans.  This should have been done in front of the grandstand as it was last year at haven.  Not a very good way to remember one of the greatest players in Cumbrian rugby league history.

IpswichSteve

Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2007, 02:47:18 pm
First of all Mrs Kennedy upsets our 6 year old mascot by screaming at him for daring to want to lead his team out.  Then what happend to the trophy presentation.  Im sure Ikes family were very impressed with the lack of a presentation in front of the fans.  This should have been done in front of the grandstand as it was last year at haven.  Not a very good way to remember one of the greatest players in Cumbrian rugby league history.

First of all congratulations to Haven for retaining the trophy, pity we couldnt raise much of
a effort, jane was obviously too busy.

Champ, what would you expect from the town club, it is a joke from top to bottom and sooner that people
realise it the better.  JK - Our esteemed Chief Exec with her cheery disposition, surely not. ::) Must have
one of the largest board of directors in sport, but what do they achieve.

The marketing of the game was awful, I hear the half time entertainment also left a lot to be desired,
then you have the deadwood on the pitch.  Same old rubbish quotes before the game as well, wish
they'd stfu, they just make the club look stupid. My early enthusiasm for rotherams appointment as
gone (due to his travelling player recruitment and his reluctance to clear the dead wood beaumont being
a prime example, + yesterdays pathetic showing) , and I for one wont be surprised if he doesnt even last
the year.

While Craery seems to have hit the ground running, hopefully the travellers might actually fancy playing
in the choo choo cup, and with Lunt & Campbell back we might make a game of it, but then you do have
one or two players to come in also. ;D ::)  Still least we wont have to worry about qualifying for later
rounds of that comp this year.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2007, 05:18:24 pm
Yeh they were shouting at half time we want a Haven supporter please to take part in the mascot v mascot half time and no one came so they got a ball boy 

Offline lowcas no`1

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2007, 05:49:01 pm
oh well sorry for our under 8`s enjoying themselves playing rugby this not good enough for you go and watch super league its not  good enough for you!!! (glasson v lowca)

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2007, 05:57:57 pm
It seems like it was beyond the wit of our two clubs to sort out prior to the match what was going to happen with the sprint at half-time.   That was a complete shambles.    However, the under 8's game was played right in front of us and it gave us the best entertainment of the afternoon.    Glasson battered away at the Lowca line for several minutes before the wall crumbled and some of them kids had more heart than some of the Town players.    Actually some on both teams looked about 4 going by their size!!!!

I left when Jackson scored his try so I didn't see the trophy or any presentation but if the rest of the day was anything to go by then I am not surprised it was a shambles.    I would guess there quite a number of people missed the first 10 minutes or so of the game standing in queues.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

IpswichSteve

Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2007, 06:32:56 pm
oh well sorry for our under 8`s enjoying themselves playing rugby this not good enough for you go and watch super league its not  good enough for you!!! (glasson v lowca)

Was meaning the sprint not the Under 8's. Yes the kids match's are excellent, and I can
remember myself playing in those many many moons ago. :'(

But not to be able to organise a sprint beforehand isnt impressive.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2007, 08:21:04 pm
/ bet if town had won it front page news n star .isnt it ashame  ;D

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2007, 09:06:58 pm
i had to go all the way to the office to buy a programme after walking round for 10 mins looking for anyone selling them
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2007, 09:09:16 pm
someone tell the police a whole ten minutes  :o :o  :P :P :-* :-*

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2007, 11:28:55 pm
very funny not, did u see anyone selling them then ?
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 01 Jan 2008, 12:55:20 am
yeah when i went in at 11:30 by the grandstand i bought one of this fella

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 01 Jan 2008, 12:58:43 pm
...Mrs Kennedy.....

And there, in a nutshell, is where all the problems at Town stem from......

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 01 Jan 2008, 02:11:10 pm
...Mrs Kennedy.....

And there, in a nutshell, is where all the problems at Town stem from......
u mean i am workington town right down to blue n white knickers  :o

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 01 Jan 2008, 07:49:04 pm
For the sprint at half time it looked like town had organised it about a month in hand(probably cause they knew they had a chance of winning), they should of contacted Haven to sort things out. No haven fan would want to go out in the rain on a muddy slippy pitch in their decent clothes incase they fell over and got sludged up.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #14 on: 03 Jan 2008, 05:08:38 pm
 This story pretty much took the whole of the back page of the whitehaven news.  :o :o
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.