HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven vs Barrow Academy

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:38:01 pm
According to tonights North-West Evening Mail, Barrow will be sending up virtually an academy team to play Haven next Sunday:

www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=583599

Sounds like they want to give their first team a run out against Warrington this weekend and St Helens the week after our game with them.

Great last pre-season friendly for the lads, could make the scoreline even more one-sided that against Workington. Reckon it could be 80-6

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:45:24 pm
just a warm up and chance to try new ideas and players

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2008, 08:43:58 pm
I would canel it personally.  Looks to me that barrow are taking the opportunity to try and put one up crarey for last seasons falling out.

No point us playing Barrow Accademy we will put 90 points on them.  Our Accademy would put 30 points on them.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2008, 09:41:21 pm
According to tonights North-West Evening Mail, Barrow will be sending up virtually an academy team to play Haven next Sunday:

www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=583599

Sounds like they want to give their first team a run out against Warrington this weekend and St Helens the week after our game with them.

Great last pre-season friendly for the lads, could make the scoreline even more one-sided that against Workington. Reckon it could be 80-6

omg how comes warrington and saints will play barrow but not us ?  >:(
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 08 Jan 2008, 09:44:53 am
How much is Adult/Child tickets for Sundays game - bearing in mind the standard of the opposition we are likely to face?

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 08 Jan 2008, 05:45:40 pm
Just been told the game is Cancelled as Barrow can't raise a team.......Hope its not true but the person who told me is always 100% right. He also says we are trying to arrange another team for sunday but this would be hard i would assume as its only a few days notice.

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 08 Jan 2008, 05:53:27 pm
Just been on BBC Radio Cumbria, game on Sunday is OFF.

However, going back to the beginning of this thread, how committed were Barrow to the game anyway.

Hope we can get another team up here for Sunday, but Des and the rest of the BOD will have to work their socks off to try and organise it at such short notice.

Best of luck BOD, but won't hold it against you if you can't organise something.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 08 Jan 2008, 05:56:04 pm
To be honest i suspect that Barrow always viewed this as an opportunity to play silly buggers.  They never wanted to play Warington Whitehaven and St Helens three weeks in a row.

It will be hard to re arrange another friendly but at least we only have Keigly and Town in the NRC fax will obviously be tougher