Adam Shaw
Marc Shackley
Danny Barker
Craig Hodgson
Kyle Amor
Richard Farrer
Adam Ramsen
Micheal Lithgow

with 2 more to be added within the next couple of days  ;)
and 2 players undecided yet on there future with the academy
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2008, 05:23:20 pm by haven09 »

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2008, 06:09:44 pm
ash elsey one of them that unsure i guess?????

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2008, 06:10:41 pm
from what i was told yes ashley was undecided due to uni the other is rhys davies.

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2008, 09:58:34 am
Looks quite a decent squad.

Hope Rhys Davies does re-sign, as we will need cover at Full-Back for Benson.

Also only one recognised hooker in the squad - Chris Smith who after his performance against Worky could get some first team game time next year - presume Gary Johnstone isn't coming back so the club will need to find another hooker.

Threequarters look a bit thin on the ground, would like to see Michael Maxwell from Wath Brow brought in when their season is over - can play Fullback, Winger and Centre.

Also the club should be looking to bring in Patrick Vaughan from Maryport ARL, superb Winger, could go all the way - time to bring him into the club NOW!

Not too bothered about Ash Elsley - can see Bainbridge, Finch and McNally getting most of the game time next year for the reserves. Rudd MUST stay at Stand-Off and Finch ain't going to play Loose-Forward.

Finally why is Craig Hodgson still being kept on? Never going to make the first team and will be 22 this year. Need to give the game time to the likes of Shacks, Shaw and Barker who have a chance to break through to the first team. Also Ramsden & Lithgow need to be brought through and hopefully we can sign up James Donaldson when he turns 16.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 08 Jan 2008, 11:50:18 am
craig hodgeson has the potential to be the best 2nd row out the lot of them it just he only does it 2 or 3 games a season at the moment.

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 08 Jan 2008, 12:09:36 pm
Must have missed those 2 or 3 games!!

Shacks quality shines through, and Barker shows glimpes of promise, bearing in mind his age and hopefully he will bulk up over the next couple of years.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 08 Jan 2008, 01:19:13 pm
donladson has signed for wigan.

the 2 new faces being added to the squad within the next couple of days are both very good players one of wich can cover 6 positions he does have 1 position wich he does favour but he can cover another 5 positions.

i agree about maxwell should be signed up.

i wouldnt be botherd if rhys davies was not signed up same with patrick vaughan as i feel the lad who has been signed to the academy is a far superior player to both of them

you say about barkers age dont forget he is the same age as shackley/

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 08 Jan 2008, 01:35:55 pm
But 2 yrs younger than Hodgson

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 08 Jan 2008, 01:51:16 pm
agreed im not a fan of hodgsons dont really see what he brings to the team. id much prefer to see tony burns down at the recre playing in the u21s same age as shackley and barker can kick goals aswell

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 08 Jan 2008, 01:55:25 pm
Who are the 2 new faces being added to the squad then?

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 08 Jan 2008, 03:48:28 pm
lithgow and ramsden arent ready for the acadamy yet not sure about gregg, barker is rubbish i said it when we signed him
haven till i die

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 08 Jan 2008, 03:58:50 pm
gregg and ramsden played the last game of last season and looked out of there depth. barker is great prospect i think. he good talker aswell

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 08 Jan 2008, 04:20:17 pm
He could be the best talker in the world that doesnt give him the skill and talent needed. I've played against him and he's nothing special
haven till i die

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 08 Jan 2008, 05:12:56 pm
ive played against him to an he was best player on the pitch. wel see this year how he develops. i think he def got the potential to make first team in year or 2

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #14 on: 08 Jan 2008, 07:27:04 pm
heard a rumour ash mcdonald and shuan flanagan have signed academy contracts.anyone confirm?