HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

town vs cumbrian amatuers

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
on: 16 Jan 2008, 09:20:31 pm
finished 38-16 to town and that was basically towns entire 1st team squad minus - shaun lunt,stephan dawes and jason mossop.

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2008, 09:52:30 pm
looks like the amatures have played well against town, but i am suprised they didnt win . ha !!

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2008, 10:13:23 am
In fairness, the game was played in 3 x 30 minute spells and after the first two Town were winning 32-0. They played the first 30 against the Allerdale team and the second 30 against the Copeland team. They played their fringe and academy lads for the last spell against the best of the Allerdale/Copeland squads.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2008, 10:21:27 am
it was actually

26-0 after they played the allerdale team, they beat the copeland team 6-0 and the last spell the cumbrian amatuers won 16-6

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2008, 03:06:15 pm
I'm trying very hard to make out what you are trying to say haven09 other than knocking Town.   As I recall, Town won the first 30 minutes 22 - 0 against Allerdale and then 6 - 0 against a fresh Copeland team.   I could have sworn it was Mossop who scored the first try of the last 30 minutes at the river end to make it 32 - 0 just before I left as I couldn't get my head around all the chopping and changing of both teams.   

All it was was a blow out for Town and a bit of  a trial for the county amateur lads playing for a trip to Australia, played on a sodden wet pitch with poor floodlighting that left one quarter of the pitch in semi darkness.    There were plusses and minuses all round but both squads will have gained some benefit out of it, nothing more than that.    No-one is claiming that either Town or Cumbria will be strong in their games this season because of what happened last night.    There was a good turn out though of 730.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2008, 04:04:57 pm
your right marra all friendly games are to see whats what and try players out and get game fit nothing else.
I wouldnt go by what a team does in a friendly game to what the seasons going to be.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2008, 04:25:42 pm
just putting the score out how it was over the 30 mins keith not having a go at town old timer.