HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

mark shackley

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
on: 05 Jan 2008, 01:07:02 am
ANy one think he will be in the 1st team this year ??????????

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2008, 06:19:48 am
ANy one think he will be in the 1st team this year ??????????

Too early for him IMO.  definatley one for the future.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2008, 10:57:01 am
Realistically he is behind Mcavoy Fletch Miller and Hill who are competing for the second row spots.

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2008, 11:15:14 am
Every season brings injuries and no doubt we will have our share this season so there is every chance that he may at least pick up a few games and from his last showing will hopefully do a good job

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 05 Jan 2008, 01:04:16 pm
think he will get a few in the NRC especially against keighly and if we have injuries he will play during the season
haven till i die

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:28:57 pm
Reckon McAvoy will start at Left Second-Row and Fletcher at Right Second-Row.

Realistically, I would like to see Shackley coming off the bench. We ARE in a transitional year, Hill and Wright are coming to the end of their careers and Miller ain't improving anymore, reckon he's reached the peak and if last season was anything to go by, he might struggle to make the 17.

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 05 Jan 2008, 08:11:31 pm
Howard is in the twilight of his playing career but last season he played very very well and will always give his all and add to that his fitness levels are still very high, has SL experience and will still do a good job off the bench for one more season covering Prop, SR, or to be honest were ever he is required

Spencer Miller last season struggled only through injury and is still carrying an injury that should have been corrected through the close season but had no support from the club who could have had this sorted out much earlier, but one thing you can guarantee with Spencer is that anytime he pulls on the CB&G Shirt he gives his all for the club and the team, and I personally think he will have a big season this year if he stays injury free

Ricky Wright has the experience but to be honest does not now have the legs and staying power, or impact that is required for a player to come off the bench, but still remains an able squad player who can step in when required, but if PC is what  I think he is he will give the likes of Shackley and Ford a chance off the bench

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 12 Jan 2008, 04:11:45 pm
I was well impressed with Shackleys debut. First of all he looks like a rugby player. He has a good physique and was hungry for work. He showed some skillfull touches and he took a couple of high shots without retaliating so it seems he's tough enough.. He broke several times and unselfishly looked for support. So all in all, on that performance i think he's got a bright future. I would like to see Paul Crary give him some game time. He would learn faster playing alonside Fletcher, Fats, Jacko, Edmonson and Howard that he would if he was kept in the accademy. These young lads will probably find it easier adapting to Paul Crareys new style of fast flowing rugby than some of our older (stick it up your jumper ) players