HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Todays game

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 21 Jan 2008, 04:03:50 pm
Was a good run out for the lads well done and well done for a swinton side that played well.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #16 on: 21 Jan 2008, 09:17:09 pm
All of the new signings did well, and Swinton supporters should be proud of their team, they look to be a very good outfit who I suspect will do rather well in Div 2.

Having watched Swinton and 'town, I can only see bad times ahead for the latter. Swinton showed far more spirit, skill and commitment and only flagged in the last 15 mins .... when they were a man down. Good luck to them.

Ade's last min try was special, the linking to get him possession was top class, and as I stood by the corner where he touched down, he still had yards to make, looked certain to go into touch, but cut back in and made the tacklers commit to him. As they tackled him he was still looking to be short and certain to go over on his back, but showed great strength and drive to make the line and turn himself over to ground the ball.

What I really liked next was the way he jumped up and trotted toward Hewer, almost challenging him to dare to disallow the try ... which of course he couldn't.

Finch looks to be ideal partner to Duffy, and I suspect Cresta has been playing down his position a bit by saying he will have to be patient, on that showing he's the half back we need.

Rudd will stay at Loose fwd.

The big Kiwi Karl looks to be an awesome prospect, and overall, the pack looks to be better in depth than we have seen for a few years now.

Didn't like the way Swinton cut clean through the middle a couple of times, but overall I remain optimistic if we keep improving our linkups and ball retention.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 22 Jan 2008, 12:52:25 pm
I think  this  team  is  far  stronger  than  last  years  and  alot  has  to  do  with  the  signings  of  Ryan  Mc  and  Carl Ed.  Both  players  have  beefed  our  pack  up  big  style.  It  was  sad  to  see  Trindall  go  but  he  wasn't  noted  for  making  many  yards  and  was  easily  put  down. 

Last  season  we  also  played  too  much  1  man  stuff  and  often  it  was  against  teams  with  bigger  packs.  We  seem  to  be  throwing  the  ball  around  a  bit  more  and  have  great  pace  in  the  backs. Certainly we must have the fastest wing pairing in NL1. Jackson will be a real asset if  he keeps  himself fit and if  the  cracks  right  about  this  Tongan then we'll have good  strength  all  over  the  pack  Finch  and  Duffy  will  run  riot  with  Carl  at  13.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 24 Jan 2008, 02:07:01 pm
cbandg01  we beat swinton last year friend and with a stronger side this season  am cofident we'll do it again. i know you will all judge town on the shambolic performance at the xmas derby and i'm not suprised ,but to reply to your post i dont think we will have as bad a season as you think.  swinton are a good side and do throw the ball around and i look forward to playing them. but as i say we know your judging us on that shambolic xmas display so it wont take much to improve on that. i know this thread is about haven v swinton but you brought town into the thread friend. all the best for the season.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:54:32 pm
I  dont think he was thinking about your performance at crimbo as swinton looked a good side that gave a 100%

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 24 Jan 2008, 10:24:05 pm
i think they will win nl2 this year they looked really good on sunda

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 25 Jan 2008, 02:42:55 pm
i think they will win nl2 this year they looked really good on sunda

I think Donny and Oldham will have a thing to say about that.