HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

well i hope you are all satisfied?

Guest · 18 · 2385

majestic

on: 14 Nov 2006, 02:35:07 pm
happy now ReggieDunns flat top and all the rest of the so called haven fans who were callin for the board to be sacked well ive got news for you all barry richardson has left and it won't be long until the rest follow. SO I HOPE YOU PEOPLE ARE SATISFIED WITH YOURSELVES. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2006, 04:41:18 pm
He won't have left because of what one or two fans said on a message board.

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2006, 05:06:00 pm
If comments on a message board are the reason behind Richardson leaving then im glad he's gone. Its not as if there have been demonstrations on King Street and hate mail sent to his home is it. Perhaps hes (if he is) was just looking for an excuse to part company with the Haven board room.

As for my comments they were intended to show the distaste at some of the decisions and lack of infomation from the board room. I think they have done that to a certain extent however the highjacking of them by a certain Mr Irving just reinforces the fact that the local media have nothing to better to write about.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2006, 05:35:50 pm
Well Reg nobody is saying that is the reason why. But heres 1 or 2 things to ponder over.   In case people dont know Barry has a very demanding job at Sellafeild and he has being working the Haven job alongside that.  I dont think people actually realise what it takes to run the club.  It aint a 9 to 5 job its 24/7.  Meetings at all hours and things that need doing at the drop of a hat with family taking a back seat at times. This happens 12 months of the year not just during the season. When the season starts they are away for most weekends with the team, at training 2 or 3 nights per week.  I defy anyone on here to say the current board are not up to the job. The current board has 7 members of which 6 also have full time jobs. They have turned the club around from the brink of ablivion to give us the most successfull 3 years in the clubs history. It takes an enormous amount of commitment from both the board and their families to make this work. I am sure the other board members would agree Barry has been the driving force behind the last 4/5 years and stood in when  we were on our way to DP along with Kenny Shep John Reed and Keith Nelson.  The additions of Des George Gary Phil and Dave have moved the club on to hieghts i never expected us to reach as many others would not have forecast either.  The problem in my opinion is that we think we have a god given right to win win win.  Put yourself in their shoes, if you had put in the time and effort that they have and your family were always taking a back seat, then you were being slagged off and told your not wanted would you stay.?

Online whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2006, 06:02:10 pm
I  cannot  beleive  for  one  single  minute  that  the  Bod  would  resign  over  the  rantings  of  a  small  minority  that  come  on  here.

I'm  sure,  like  myself,  95%  of  fans  are  genuinly  happy  with  the  way  the  BOD  have  run  the  club.  As  I've  said  before  we've  won  our  first  bit  of  silverware,  reached  2  GF's  and  have  done  so  without  going  into  debt  or  breaking  the  salary  cap  which  is  a  bit  more  than  can  be  said  for  some.

Ok  maybe  a  bit  more  could  have  been  done  on  the  ground  but  isn't  that  part  of  the  regeneration  scheme  which  involves  other  parties.

As  for  players  we've  only  lost  1  ( Leafe )  with  1  or  2  others  retiring.  There's  still  3  month's  to  go  and  plenty  of  time  to  find  the  right  person  instead  of  buying  for  buying's  sake.

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2006, 07:39:12 pm
Well Reg nobody is saying that is the reason why. But heres 1 or 2 things to ponder over.   In case people dont know Barry has a very demanding job at Sellafeild and he has being working the Haven job alongside that.  I dont think people actually realise what it takes to run the club.  It aint a 9 to 5 job its 24/7.  Meetings at all hours and things that need doing at the drop of a hat with family taking a back seat at times. This happens 12 months of the year not just during the season. When the season starts they are away for most weekends with the team, at training 2 or 3 nights per week.  I defy anyone on here to say the current board are not up to the job. The current board has 7 members of which 6 also have full time jobs. They have turned the club around from the brink of ablivion to give us the most successfull 3 years in the clubs history. It takes an enormous amount of commitment from both the board and their families to make this work. I am sure the other board members would agree Barry has been the driving force behind the last 4/5 years and stood in when  we were on our way to DP along with Kenny Shep John Reed and Keith Nelson.  The additions of Des George Gary Phil and Dave have moved the club on to hieghts i never expected us to reach as many others would not have forecast either.  The problem in my opinion is that we think we have a god given right to win win win.  Put yourself in their shoes, if you had put in the time and effort that they have and your family were always taking a back seat, then you were being slagged off and told your not wanted would you stay.?
well said paul marra the BOD have all done brill. good luck barry and garry barwise you will both be missed loads

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2006, 07:42:33 pm
eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gary aswell???????????????????????? :-\

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 14 Nov 2006, 07:58:21 pm
eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gary aswell???????????????????????? :-\
yep unfortunatly heard today. gutted :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :( :( :( >:(

Offline Pinky_Haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 14 Nov 2006, 10:03:07 pm
Sad to hear about Barry & Gary leaving the BOD.  Over the last few seasons i think they have done a excellent job at turning the club around.  Two true gents and good luck.  Brother Champ i agree with everything you mentioned in your previous post.

CONSILIO ABSIT DISCORDIA

havenchamps2005

Reply #9 on: 15 Nov 2006, 02:26:40 am
got to agree barry and gary will be missed both big loses to the clubs.
and i agree with champ

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #10 on: 15 Nov 2006, 08:08:15 am
Think this is a big blow for the club! Does anyone know if they will be replaced? How do they get replaced?
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline kez

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 15 Nov 2006, 11:57:48 am
its a shame they've left over people writing stupid coments.  they'll both be missed. and champ i agree 100%

Online HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38:03 pm
its a shame they've left over people writing stupid coments.  they'll both be missed. and champ i agree 100%

I dont think either have left over comments posted on here or anywhere else. Its more likely that work and their family means they do not have the time to carry on the roles they have done so well with Whitehaven.

TW

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 15 Nov 2006, 04:14:37 pm

I dont think either have left over comments posted on here or anywhere else. Its more likely that work and their family means they do not have the time to carry on the roles they have done so well with Whitehaven.

TW
I reckon comments that have been tossed around espacially on other sites will not have helped.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 16 Nov 2006, 11:44:38 am
I think the BOD realise that the silent majority are behind them all the way. I can't see them bothering to much with whats been said on any message board. I would like to wish them all the best and thank them very much for all the effort, a lot of which goe's unseen by most people, it can't be easy juggling work commitments with running a successful rugby team, and yes they are responsible for the success that we've achieved recently.