HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Seriously is Baynes stil with us?

Boxer · 10 · 1473

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 11 Nov 2006, 07:38:22 pm
Personally if fit (within context) I would have him beacuse he is an impact player ....but is he still a Haven player.  Widness fans are so desperate for Props the are talking about taking him on.

Could still do a job for us if committed? Any body know????????? 

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2006, 08:53:27 pm
ive heard widnes want baynes and spencer. id let baynes go to to widnes but not spencer. from reading about this lad winterstein he would be better than baynes

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2006, 01:07:21 pm
Baynes is still with us and has started fitness training a month early with some of those who missed the pre-season I think.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2006, 01:15:36 pm
If  SM  poached  him  and  took  him  to  Widnes  then  it  would  be  another  kick  in  the  teeth.  Personally  I  would  like  to  see  him  back  with  a  bit  of  weight  off.  A  fully  fit  Baynes  could  quite  easily  be  one  of  the  best  props  in  NL1 :)

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2006, 02:18:58 pm
A  fully  fit  Baynes  could  quite  easily  be  one  of  the  best  props  in  NL1 :)

Has Baynes ever been fully fit while at Haven, and do you think he could ever get 100% fit?

TW

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2006, 12:23:40 am
what he needs is full time training not part time that would answer all the questions

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2006, 09:16:03 am
A  fully  fit  Baynes  could  quite  easily  be  one  of  the  best  props  in  NL1 :)

Has Baynes ever been fully fit while at Haven, and do you think he could ever get 100% fit?

TW

I  think  when  we  first  signed  him  he  looked  pretty  fit.  At  first  maybe  a  bit  overweight  but  he's  always  had  the  podgy  look.

Since  then  though  he's  added  maybe  2  stone  or  more  on  and  thats  had  a  big  effect not  only  with  his  fitness  but  could  also  explain  the  amount  of  injuries  he's  been  getting.

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 27 Nov 2006, 05:24:06 pm
heard hes been on fitness programs for the last 3 months and that hes lost over a stone and a half and reckon hes desperate to get playing

i think hes gonna be the suprise package in nat 1 and will destroy teams like he did in 2005

havenchamps2005

Reply #8 on: 27 Nov 2006, 05:42:13 pm
also heard he lost over a stone  ;D
lets hope are forwrds are firing on all cylinders this year with bulls tackling fats and baynes go forward jackso agression spencer line running howard hard hitting defence sicey poching trys aaron smiths work rate are forwards could be the most dominant in the league hope jacko gives guttenbiel a nice welcome to the recre and mcgoldrick lets hope jacko gives him what betham gave him but the ref lets jacko off  ;D

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 27 Nov 2006, 05:48:08 pm
agreed just hope they all kepp fit and we will be fine the reason we lost quite a few games last year wasnt because of the injuries to lester and fats even spencer it was because the team was so unfit we were knackerd at the 55 60 min mark of a game and at least this year we are in pre season about 1month and a bit earlier than last season but keep this team fit and we will do very well top 2 but it will be hard but we are the mighty HAVEN the best club in the world and i think we can do it this year finally