Thursday June 19 Widnes v Salford
Thursday June 26 Celtic v Widnes
Thursday July 10 Halifax v Leigh
Thursday July 17 Oldham v Doncaster
Thursday July 24 Sheffield v Featherstone

Offline Bransty Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2008, 06:31:04 pm
It looks like Salford are going to take over from Widnes in hogging the Tele games ;)

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2008, 07:07:35 pm
Will the clubs get any money this year for being on TV. I may be wrong but didn't clubs like ourselves lose out last year because we had lower crowds on a Thursday than we would have done on a Sunday.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2008, 07:56:12 pm
Salford are nearly playing all their games on tele 5/14 games which is quite alot, we should be on tele when were against Leigh, Celtic or Widnes at home  :P

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2008, 09:17:48 pm
nope next season a think we start getting paid the franchise season

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2008, 09:28:40 pm
It  seems  a  bit  daft  that  the  games  were  featured  are  both  against  Salford.  I  can  understand  the  Home  game  but  not  the  away  one.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:29:03 am
tv cost us3rdspot last season when we had to travel to sheff on a thurs nite i know they play on fri nites anyways but that is a massive advantage when part time teams are having to get time off work and then travel away. especially us travelling all that way. salford are doing it as well i beleive this season. they should be made to play on sundays then we have a level playing field. super league is different cos it is a full time competition
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2008, 06:10:17 pm by silver shadow »
NO PAIN NO GAIN

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2008, 02:02:54 pm
tv cost us 4th spot last season when we had to travel to sheff on a thurs nite i know they play on fri nites anyways but that is a massive advantage when part time teams are having to get time off work and then travel away. especially us travelling all that way. salford are doing it as well i beleive this season. they should be made to play on sundays then we have a level playing field. super league is different cos it is a full time competition

Playing  on  Sundays  say  6  or  7pm  would  have  been  the  best  option  but  that  would  involve  commonsense  on  the  RFL  and  SKY's  part  which is  why  we  have  to  play  in  midweek.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2008, 09:21:12 pm
tv cost us 4th spot last season when we had to travel to sheff on a thurs nite i know they play on fri nites anyways but that is a massive advantage when part time teams are having to get time off work and then travel away. especially us travelling all that way. salford are doing it as well i beleive this season. they should be made to play on sundays then we have a level playing field. super league is different cos it is a full time competition

Playing  on  Sundays  say  6  or  7pm  would  have  been  the  best  option  but  that  would  involve  commonsense  on  the  RFL  and  SKY's  part  which is  why  we  have  to  play  in  midweek.

Sheffield away did not cost us 4th - poor performances throughout the season did

Sunday evening is not available on Sky due to football commitments so don't blame the RFL

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2008, 09:42:58 pm

Football  season  finishes  in  May  so  they  could  have  June,  July  and  some  of  August  were  theres  no  Football   +  there's  usually  a  game  on  Saturay  and  they  still  show  a  SL  match  on  that  day  so  it  could  be  done  if  they  wanted  to.
Sheffield away did not cost us 4th - poor performances throughout the season did

Sunday evening is not available on Sky due to football commitments so don't blame the RFL

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2008, 09:32:28 am

YES BUT IF WE HAD MORE PREP TIME AND WENT ON SUNDAY AND WON WE WOULD HAVE BEEN 4TH. TALK TO THE PLAYERS AND SEE HOW THEY FELT ABOUT GOING TO SHEFFIELD ON THAT THURS NITE ???
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2008, 10:00:58 am
[/quote ]
YES BUT IF WE HAD MORE PREP TIME AND WENT ON SUNDAY AND WON WE WOULD HAVE BEEN 4TH. TALK TO THE PLAYERS AND SEE HOW THEY FELT ABOUT GOING TO SHEFFIELD ON THAT THURS NITE ???
[/quote]

MORE PREP TIME?!?!?!? ???

you mean like the 17 previous games we could have used to make sure a win at sheffield wasnt needed?? ::) ::)

i agree the game shouldnt have been moved

but how come you havent mentioned the following thursday night when we beat leigh in the playoffs? remember they played on the sunday and were expecting to play up here on the following sunday but no the game was brought forward to the thursday night, so WE had 7 days to prepare for it and leigh only had 3 days to prepare for it

we finished fifth because of some clown pretending to be a coach, not because the eagles game was moved 24 hours!
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2008, 10:02:39 am by puppetmaster »
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2008, 10:09:18 am
agreed

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2008, 11:25:41 am
[/quote ]

MORE PREP TIME?!?!?!? ???

you mean like the 17 previous games we could have used to make sure a win at sheffield wasnt needed?? ::) ::)

i agree the game shouldnt have been moved

but how come you havent mentioned the following thursday night when we beat leigh in the playoffs? remember they played on the sunday and were expecting to play up here on the following sunday but no the game was brought forward to the thursday night, so WE had 7 days to prepare for it and leigh only had 3 days to prepare for it

we finished fifth because of some clown pretending to be a coach, not because the eagles game was moved 24 hours!
massive disadvantage to leigh im not being biased i am merely stating the fact that it is difficult for part time teams to make long  .     

im not being biased im merely stating the fact that it is difficult for part time teams to make long journeys on a thurs nite and us especially as all our away games are long journeys. as for not mentioning the leigh game i didnt think it relevant to this thread but yes that game on that nite was a massive disadvantage to leigh
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2008, 11:32:00 am by silver shadow »
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 14 Jan 2008, 02:49:45 pm
People have wanted NL games on the telly but what you forget is that when you do so you give SKY all the power in moving which game they please when, at any notice. Teams don't seem to have much of a say if they get moved. Unfortunately National League rugby is, was and always will be very low down Sky's list of priorities and we have to accept it while we want them to show NL matches, I mean the NFL gets a higher priority than us, which incidentally eats chunks out of the sunday evening schedule towards the end of our season. Sorry everyone, but thats the way it is

How can tv cost us 4th spot if we finished 4th???