HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Why didn't we just keep Bull Trindall?

Boxer · 36 · 2180

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 12 Jan 2008, 09:51:53 pm
Given the fact we haven't replaced him on the overseas quota I wonder why we just did not re sign him?

Edmondson can apparently paly back row and prop so keep ing Trindal would have worked out.

The stats from last year show he was perpetual motion being the second top meter gainer in the forwards and top tackler. He wasn't spectacular but very effective.

Just seems a waste letting such an effective player go when the space is still there.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2008, 10:16:34 pm
was very expensive

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2008, 10:36:48 pm
he retired didnt he?
haven till i die

there offside ref

Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2008, 10:39:44 pm
i thought trindall had he best season last year. think he will be a big miss

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2008, 10:41:52 pm
we playing the 2 aussies with his wages

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2008, 12:15:04 am
he retired didnt he?

He would have played another season with us but retired when he was told he was no longer required.

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2008, 12:35:31 am
Not sure if Steve is mobile enough and has the off-loading skills to fit in with the new playing style brought in by PC

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:20:45 am
he is more suited to the new style of play he played the ball very fast after he was tackled which would suit the new game plan
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:25:37 am
he was to expensive and  if a quota player become available throught the season then we have a place for him now

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:37:48 am
I have never understood this idea of not filling your quota spot.  To my mind it puts you at a disadvantage with the other clubs.

The quota spot traditionally is an opportunity ofr a NL! club to sign a quality player they may otherwise not have been able to get in the UK mkt.  They usually add a bit of class to the team.  Everyone else in our divison will be making use of their slot for the whole season ..Why shouldn't we?

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:42:21 am
we have spent the money on makisi and edmundson who are coming from down under. that fact they do not take a quota spot is a bonus. we have still signed the players from abroad that will be taking the big wages. how come makisi aint quota anyway?

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:48:18 am
I have never understood this idea of not filling your quota spot.  To my mind it puts you at a disadvantage with the other clubs.

The quota spot traditionally is an opportunity ofr a NL! club to sign a quality player they may otherwise not have been able to get in the UK mkt.  They usually add a bit of class to the team.  Everyone else in our divison will be making use of their slot for the whole season ..Why shouldn't we?

You can't just click your fingers and a superb quota player appears. It is clear that the club no longer required the services of Bull, so said Thank You and let him go. The idea behind this was to free the quota place for a younger fresher player. However Rotherham left and Crarey arrived. Time was needed to see what Crarey wanted. At the moment he hasn't used the quota place, I would presume that either the funds are unavailable to get a top quality player or a player has not come along. I'm sure that if a quota player had been jumped at and he wasn't that good a number of people would have been complaining. As it is the place is still open until someone comes along or Crarey decides what position player he wants. Please be aware that the 'LEAGUE' does not start for months yet and I seem to remember a certain Mr Obst arriving part way through a season.

Patience is a virtue!!!!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 13 Jan 2008, 02:31:52 pm
think a quality LF is likely to take the quota place
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 13 Jan 2008, 03:18:23 pm
L/F it is for me to.  Rudd is an option but i prefer him at stand off.  Leroy can play there but agian i think is best role is off the bench

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 13 Jan 2008, 06:34:27 pm
Same here a loose forward would be ideal. We do have players who could manage in that position but we haven't really got an out and out loose forward at the club.
haven till i die