HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Why didn't we just keep Bull Trindall?

Boxer · 36 · 2160

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 13 Jan 2008, 09:17:53 pm
But who is available? The quota spot should only be used when someone GOOD enough to fill it & contribute SIGNIFICANTLY to the team becomes available. Not all aussies are good quota players

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:24:43 pm
Why look abroad for a L/F. Don't think Peter Lupton at Castleford will be getting much game time.

Reckon he would do a great job for Haven at 13.

Broadbent at 1. Rudd at 6, Duffy at 7, Mattinson at 9, Lupton at 13 and Sice coming off the bench.

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 14 Jan 2008, 11:23:09 am
Boxer I can't beleive you were in favour of keeping Bull Trindall for another year. He is past it man. If we accept that Aaron Lester and David Seeds had come to the end of their careers) and they were fine players) what is so special about the Bull that you would risk Paul Crareys vision of playing a new style of fast flowing rugbym in order to accomodate him for another season? The bull admittedly was honest and hard working and he got through a lot of tackling, but he couldn't burst his way out of a paper bag. He was also too much of a gentleman, opposition players knew they wouldn't get hurt if tackled by the bull. The same couldn't be said for Jacko or Howard. Show a bit of ambition man and stop dwelling on the past. We need to move forward with fast younger  and meaner players.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 14 Jan 2008, 02:07:48 pm
agreed about peter lupton he could be a good loan signing if he isnt getting much game time

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 14 Jan 2008, 04:16:51 pm
Reckon the right time to enquire about Lupton will be towards the closing stages of the NRC Group Games, by then Castleford will have played a few SL matches and Peter will know where he stands.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 14 Jan 2008, 04:21:30 pm
it would be but does cresta and the BOD agree. we can throw names in but wel see how the season starts. i think macca will stat at loose forward

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 14 Jan 2008, 08:12:22 pm
Macca's  a  quality  player  when  fit  which  unfortunatly  isn't  often.

If  he  can  keep  himself  in  shape  then  he  could  be  a  Haven  legend  but  from  what  I've  seen  so  far  he's  very  injury  prone.  Lets  hope  I'm  wrong.

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 15 Jan 2008, 09:02:23 am
Macca seems to look 'lost' when playing at L/F.

He is much better playing at Second Row or Centre when he has a more defined role.

Can see him at Left Second Row this season, with probably Leroy starting at Loose Forward.

Am at a loss what were going to do with Finch this year, unless Duffy or Rudd get injured. But then Bainbridge will also be expecting the call-up.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 15 Jan 2008, 09:33:21 am
cant see bamber getting to much. think spence will start in 2nd row but pressure on him or he be dropped to bench.

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 15 Jan 2008, 10:57:45 am
I can't see why we need a coach when all you knowledgable blokes ( who have probably never even handled a rugby ball ) seem more than capable of picking the team for him

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 15 Jan 2008, 11:36:11 am
cant see why ur on the forum if u dont want talk about things like that. trying to work out the team is part of it

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 15 Jan 2008, 02:30:00 pm
cant see why ur on the forum if u dont want talk about things like that. trying to work out the team is part of it

EXACTLY
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 15 Jan 2008, 04:03:44 pm
I can't see why we need a coach when all you knowledgable blokes ( who have probably never even handled a rugby ball ) seem more than capable of picking the team for him

its all part of supporting a team isnt it? trying to guess or having an opinion on who will start be on the bench get dropped etc
haven till i die

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 15 Jan 2008, 05:17:18 pm
Macca seems to look 'lost' when playing at L/F.

He is much better playing at Second Row or Centre when he has a more defined role.

Can see him at Left Second Row this season, with probably Leroy starting at Loose Forward.

Am at a loss what were going to do with Finch this year, unless Duffy or Rudd get injured. But then Bainbridge will also be expecting the call-up.

I would play Finch in the centres, speed to burn and a good eye for a gap would feed our wingers a treat.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 15 Jan 2008, 05:21:38 pm
i read somehwere crarey sees finch's future as a full back, because he is good in defence, can join the line in attack got good hands and has speed to burn, and he was thinking of trying finch there should gb ever be unavilable during the season,