HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Towns New (ish) coach.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
on: 25 Jan 2008, 03:24:44 pm
I notice on the Town site that theres a couple of doubters about Mr Rotheram already. IMHO, the Town board were very hasty with their appointment of Big Dave and may rue the day they offered him the job. Oh dear, how sad - never mind!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2008, 03:36:28 pm
only a couple of doubters, give it time :D :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2008, 03:38:42 pm
theres only a couple of fans lol :D

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2008, 10:18:38 pm
A bit rediculous if you ask me. 

(A) Wayne Bennet could not do much with Town at the moment

(B) DR is a decent coach.  Not everyones cup of tea but in two seasons with us he got us to within a few minutes of the grand Final in the first season and to teh NRC and fourth finish in the second.  Like it or not that makes him one of the most successful coaches at Haven in the last 20 -30 years.

Really no reason or basis for us to be critical of him now.  he did his best at haven which really was not a bad effort for his first head coach role.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2008, 05:45:07 pm
Boxer, statistically correct marra - but in my opinion we played some awful, one man, boring rubbish last year. When we did come up against well coached sides we were out thought and outplayed. Now I know its very early days, but already Cresta has them keeping the ball, alive backing up and offloading. These are more or less the same players remember, so have they drastically improved in a few short months or have they been coached differently? I didn't like DR 's style of play at all and I don't think he will improve Towns fortunes, in fact I was talking to one Town player only yesterday and he isn't too impressed at all, and I understand he isn't alone.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2008, 06:12:10 pm
I notice on the Town site that theres a couple of doubters about Mr Rotheram already. IMHO, the Town board were very hasty with their appointment of Big Dave and may rue the day they offered him the job. Oh dear, how sad - never mind!

I wouldn't let ig get you worked up parton.marra, most Town fans a are prepared to make their own minds up over Dr as a coach and it is a minority that are never happy.   Don't forget it was only a casting vote from your Chairman that saw DR not get his contract renewed at Haven, so half your board of directors must have thought he was some good!!!!  ;) ;) ;)
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline mighty haven

• Academy Signing
  • up the haven
Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2008, 07:50:35 pm
he has a negative way of playing the game has not got a plan B or A for that matter

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2008, 08:46:25 pm
Keith. couldn't be LESS worked up marra. Just making an observation. He's not a good coach, end of. I'll go as far as to say that the Directors who wanted him to stay obviously have no idea what they are talking about and obviously haven't got the best interests of Whitehaven RLFC at heart.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2008, 02:59:42 am

I wouldn't let ig get you worked up parton.marra, most Town fans a are prepared to make their own minds up over Dr as a coach and it is a minority that are never happy.   Don't forget it was only a casting vote from your Chairman that saw DR not get his contract renewed at Haven, so half your board of directors must have thought he was some good!!!!  ;) ;) ;)
[/quote

that cause it cheaper and easier to keep a coach

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2008, 04:56:36 pm
DR has  a tough job on his hands as he hasnt got  enough players of a good calibre and town havent got much dosh simple really. but lets judge him come september fellas.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 27 Jan 2008, 07:49:11 pm
Judging by today's result at Leigh (losing 32 - 16) against their strongest team, I think DR might already be making some progress!!!!   ;) ;) ;)
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 27 Jan 2008, 07:58:01 pm
rotherhams record at town so far

played 3 won 1 lost 2

points for - 54
points against - 96

great start  ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 27 Jan 2008, 08:17:31 pm
rotherhams record at town so far

played 3 won 1 lost 2

points for - 54
points against - 96

great start  ;)

but give him credit, he's managed to beat a team of amateurs, something previous coaches found hard to achieve!!!
 :D :D :D :D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 27 Jan 2008, 08:40:06 pm
Judging by today's result at Leigh (losing 32 - 16) against their strongest team, I think DR might already be making some progress!!!!   ;) ;) ;)

Not a bad result for town, Leigh will go well in NL1 this season
haven till i die

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 27 Jan 2008, 08:47:00 pm
oh dear oh dear, i love reading this forum the haven fans thinking there team is summat its not, town fans realise they are **** and expect it each season, haven fans seem to think they are world beaters. town will still be in nl2 in 5years time and haven will still be in nl1 in 5 years time FACT.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details