HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bulls Sign James Donaldson

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 10 Jan 2008, 10:33:59 am
Just been on the Sky Sports website and saw the following article regarding a local lad:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12196_3035265,00.html

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2008, 11:56:51 am
it on bbc sport as well

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2008, 12:05:41 pm
seen him a play a few times and everytime ive seen him play he hasnt done much, when he got man of the match against kells u16s last year on the welfare it was a joke gregg mcnally darren seeds and scott george all out played him he only got mom that day because steve mcnamara picked it he wasnt gonna come from bradford and give the mom to someone else

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2008, 03:39:15 pm
Well he must be doing something right as there were apparently a few clubs chasing him.

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2008, 08:16:22 pm
I wont say hes a bad player because  he's not that bad, but when i watched him against distington, he wasn't that good, and from what i saw he isnt a good kicker, he went to kick a conversions from right under the sticks and he missed!! In my whole life i have never ever seen that happen, he cant be as good as everyones making him out to be. It wasnt even windy so there wasnt an excuse. Well, he didnt kick in that match again!!!
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline happylarry

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2008, 10:06:55 pm
in reply to the last comment about James, i don't think for one moment that James was signed as a kicker but more for his potential with ball running.
i think that the lad is getting a raw deal lately possibly caused by jealousy, the one thing i know is that he is still one of the strongest players around here with the greatest desire to win and under the guidance of the right people will once again raise the bar for performance.Do not forget for the last 4 years has been the main target for every team he plays against and in my opinion has played well throughout this time barring the odd bad game which even the best do have!

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #6 on: 03 Feb 2008, 10:24:53 pm
never seen james play, but he's spot on i go to skool wid him lol  ;D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 05 Feb 2008, 11:45:25 pm
very good player

glenn riley should be going bradford with him though