HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

best team

Offline haven13

• Academy Signing
on: 01 Feb 2008, 06:32:41 pm
just something to see everyones opinion, i was just thinking, who is the best amateur team in cumbria. i know nearly every team plays in the cumbria league apart from the brow, egremont, millom and the teams round barrow so we dont get the chance to see them all play against each other but if there was one team you had to pick as the top cumbria amateur team who would it be? not sure who i'd pick

Online HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2008, 07:09:06 pm
Town would be the club to ask that one ::) ;)
ps just joking, KT.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2008, 07:28:27 pm
probably kells as they are the only unbeaten team in the amatuer league??

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 02 Feb 2008, 12:40:54 am
seaton
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #4 on: 02 Feb 2008, 01:19:16 am
probably kells as they are the only unbeaten team in the amatuer league??
At the moment agreed
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 02 Feb 2008, 10:31:42 am
Elbra, when they have their best team out. Closely followed by Kells and Seaton.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2008, 03:08:29 pm
if kells could get all there team out i think they would beat brow and egremont if you look at the team they have

1 ashley mcdonald
2 johnathan wignall
3 steve mcgrady
4 barry boyd
5 scott lofthouse
6 lee kiddie
7 steve kirkbride
8 scott farmer
9 kevin agnew
10 paul culnean
11 alan mcguiness
12 tony burns
13 david dickinson

14 ryan robb
15 chris mckee
16 craig chambers
17 shaun flanagan

newton

Reply #7 on: 02 Feb 2008, 03:52:37 pm
is that why thet have won everything in the last few years lol load of has beens and under achivers

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 02 Feb 2008, 04:24:21 pm
considering
mcguinnes
farmer
chambers
kiddie
kirkbride
wignall (first full season back due to work commitments)

have all just returned to kells from the pro game,

kirkbride has been you joking? he was one of the best players on the field in testimonial game as was chambers everyone on here was praising farmer when haven signed him. kiddie getting on now stil created the 1st try for the nz3 select team with his chip over.
ashley mcdonald and shaun flanagan both just signed on with haven academy but yet i guess there under achivers to?
paul culnean scored 40 tries last season as a prop under achiver aswell?
steve mcgrady could stil do a job in nl2 scored 8 tries in one game under achiver aswell ?
barry boyd and scott lofthouse had stints in the haven u21s under achivers aswell?
ryan robb recentley represented barla open age under achiver aswell?
tony burns one the stand out players for kells u18s for 2 years under achiver aswell?
kevin agnew probably the best number 9 in cumbria under achiver?
david dickinson captained the copeland side against town 2 weeks ago under achiver?

newton

Reply #9 on: 02 Feb 2008, 05:01:59 pm
oh you agree with me  ryan robb lol dickinson lol lofthouse lol slpliting my sides farmer lol oh dear give us a break go to spec  savers

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2008, 05:39:05 pm
scott farmer yeah he must be an under achiver voted best amatuer forward in 2005 barla international  ::) signed by haven played first team and was a top preformer the academy  ::)
ryan robb barla international yeah he must be an underachiver  ::)
scott lofthouse anothre barla international must be an underachiver  ::) ::)
david dickinson been a consitent performer in the amatuer game for years underachiver  ::)

you must be a world beater you played for barla great britain? oh well infact i bet youve played for great britain full time pro ? probably not until youve played at international level how you can call anyone an under achiver is beyond me.

Offline happylarry

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 02 Feb 2008, 10:07:16 pm
surely Wath Brow must be the best around here, after all they play against stronger opposition week in week out and the only reason they do not figure in the cups is cos they  play in a different league
as for Kells some very good players but do seem to bottle it on the big ocassions!!!

newton

Reply #12 on: 03 Feb 2008, 09:53:12 am
like i said under achivers if they were of any standard they would have moved on instead of the easy opion of playing in a mickey mouse league no ambition not like egemont and brow  who have moved on to play at a  higher standard enabling  them to win the nat cup and be sucessful outside of cumbria you cant make a statement like that and not be open to critisim

Babylon

Reply #13 on: 03 Feb 2008, 11:25:13 am
The best amateur team!  It depends on what is mean't by amateur. Is it-----
 A team that consists of players that have NEVER played pro.
 A team that has pros in that are now eligable to play under the amateur status (eg can play in amateur cups)
A team that consists mainly of ex pros.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 03 Feb 2008, 12:45:00 pm
well that rules kells elbra hensingham egremont and seaton out as they all have ex pros in there teams  ::)  ::)

did egremont the world of good going back into the conference didnt it newton, struggling to take 17 away with them. every other week getting 40+ points put on them  ::)