HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gateshead Thunder Launch

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 30 Jan 2008, 10:15:04 pm
I travelled up to Gateshead yesterday representing LastTackle.com (one of the Thunder's main sponsors for this season) and I have to say I was very impressed with their set up.

It was a well organised evening with speeches from key members at the club as well as their under 18 presentations. They are keen to develop RL in the North East and they seem to be doing a pretty good job of it. Dave Woods is very enthusiastic about the club and is passionate to take it forward. I was very impressed when the squad was unveiled, they all looked like proper athletes.

Obviously I'm a Haven fan but I will certainly be keeping an eye on the Thunder results and hope they do well. I think tipping them to go all the way is a bit ambitious in what looks the toughest NL2 yet, but I do hope they make the play-offs.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2008, 01:19:55 pm
Was  there  many  at  their launch. :)

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2008, 05:01:02 pm
Probably about 150, maybe a few more. I thought that it was quite well attended really.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2008, 12:28:21 pm
That  sounds  a  decent  turnout.  Probably  more  than  we  got ???

Offline haven85

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2008, 03:30:07 pm
A couple of Cumbrians in the side with Sanderson and Luke Higgins from Sandwith is also there now. Should be an interesting season there

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2008, 06:17:32 pm
A couple of Cumbrians in the side with Sanderson and Luke Higgins from Sandwith is also there now. Should be an interesting season there
                            DIDN'T SEE LUKE'S NAME ON TEAM SHEET ?
ALWAYS  HAVEN