HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Do our Props have the engines for NL1

Boxer · 16 · 1560

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 04 Feb 2008, 06:33:31 pm
This is something that has been concerning me for a while and the first three games are beggining to confirm it

Do  Jacko Mcdonald Edmondson and Fats have the fitness to be collectively competitive upfront this year.

Fats has always had a good engine and maybe this year will have to play a Trindall type role.  Less dynamism and concentrate on makeing sure he can play 30 minutes each half.

I say this beacause Mcdonald Jacko and Edmondson are three of a kind.  They a ten minute burst type players.  Very effective as they can be very dynamic particulalry in the last 10 of each half.  However having three in one team could be a problem.  They all seem to be effective for about ten minutes before they are knackerd.  You require a mix in your four Props a couple with lungs and a couple with power ( lungs and power are great but rare in this league  Fats in his pomp, Tandy , Wilkes but not many others in recent times in NL1) 

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2008, 08:14:01 pm
i think karl edmundson will have once he is match fit.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2008, 08:22:32 pm
its noly the first NRC game the full squad shoudl be much fitter by the time the important games come along
haven till i die

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2008, 12:39:04 pm
I think its a bit early to make any sort of judgment. By the end of this choo choo cup
we will know what they are like, but you have to remember the heavy ground is energy sapping
too.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2008, 02:59:26 pm
I think its a bit early to make any sort of judgment. By the end of this choo choo cup
we will know what they are like, but you have to remember the heavy ground is energy sapping
too.

Totally agree.
Liked the look of McDonald - gives us nastiness that we've missed for a few years.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 05 Feb 2008, 03:58:19 pm
i think we have 5 huge forwards this year if they all stay fit they will batter any team we all saw how good edmondson was on his debut the other lads are just as capable but all in all think we will have the biggest forwards in the league this year

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 05 Feb 2008, 07:29:02 pm
Do our props have the engine for NL1, I think the jury has to still be out on that one, what I do know though is that some of our so called fans are SL maybe even international class for moaning, complaining and twining over nowt. Bloody hell give them a chance.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 05 Feb 2008, 07:50:55 pm
Do our props have the engine for NL1, I think the jury has to still be out on that one, what I do know though is that some of our so called fans are SL maybe even international class for moaning, complaining and twining over nowt. Bloody hell give them a chance.

I second that !

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #8 on: 06 Feb 2008, 01:06:29 pm

Brilliant!  :D :D
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 06 Feb 2008, 02:28:41 pm
If  they  aren't  we  could  always  get  Baldwin  back  just  to  add  a  bit  of  aggression  to  the  pack :D :D

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 06 Feb 2008, 04:55:52 pm
I've heard that Baldwin is "Ready to Rumble"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #11 on: 06 Feb 2008, 07:42:59 pm
I think Boxer spends too much time thinking up 'issues' to post on this site, and most times seems to question things rather than comment on the positive aspects of the team / club.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 06 Feb 2008, 11:26:10 pm
Let me make an appology for questioning what i see  !   

Mate I do not know you , your background or your age but not to question what you care about is a crime that originates back to the biblicocal age!

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 07 Feb 2008, 01:04:30 pm
biblicocal age!
is this when jesus was around
or coco the clown ;)

Offline recrelad

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 07 Feb 2008, 07:25:18 pm
Biblicocal !!!!!!!!!!!
Best made up word ive heard this year.