HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

player thoughts

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
on: 06 Feb 2008, 11:53:21 pm
whats people initial thoughts of mr mcdonald now? seems to of silenced a few doubters?

finch seems to be cutting it aswell?

rudd playing well no complaints?

and has gary johnstone re-signed?

answers on a post card thanks Rob.
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 06 Feb 2008, 11:59:24 pm
Mcdonald would be ok if we had two or three young engines supporting him >  Jacko is just like Mcdonald who is just like Edmondson.  They are all ten minute heros ,  they look great for two plays but do not have the fitness to defend for long periods or make 15 drives and 15 tackles per game...  It will be a big problem during the regular season.

Finch  is a runner and looks decent ...fact is though he wont do squat against Salford Leigh and Fax when it matters.  Rudd and Duffy are the only ones who have anywhere near the guile to unlock those defences in play off games .

Really do not wish to burst the optimism before the season has stated but 5th is the best we will get this year in my opinion.     
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2008, 12:01:02 am by Boxer »

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2008, 12:08:56 am
BOXER GO SUPPORT TOWN IF YOU ALREADY DONT YOU REALLY ARE THE MOST NEGATIVE WHITEHAVEN FAN IN HISTORY,

YOU AND ANZAC OR ARE YOU THE SAME PERSON.

rob i think gary is on a pay as play basis marra.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2008, 01:30:36 pm
Finch  is a runner and looks decent ...fact is though he wont do squat against Salford Leigh and Fax when it matters.  Rudd and Duffy are the only ones who have anywhere near the guile to unlock those defences in play off games .

What a load of bollox.
How do you know it's FACT that he won't do it against those teams?
Is this not the same Finch who tore apart a far superior Haven team last year compared to the poor one that you say we've got this year??

Give the lads a chance.

There's something about being a supporter - it's called supporting your team, something you obviously do not do...

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 07 Feb 2008, 01:51:33 pm

What a load of bollox.
How do you know it's FACT that he won't do it against those teams?
Is this not the same Finch who tore apart a far superior Haven team last year compared to the poor one that you say we've got this year??

Give the lads a chance.

There's something about being a supporter - it's called supporting your team, something you obviously do not do...

Leave boxer alone, he can no doubt say that Salfords defence will be good as you expect that of a team just coming down from SL, as for Leigh and Fax I would say he can judge both defences seeing as his teams played against both of them already this year.  ;)

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 07 Feb 2008, 04:54:24 pm
Mcdonald would be ok if we had two or three young engines supporting him >  Jacko is just like Mcdonald who is just like Edmondson.  They are all ten minute heros ,  they look great for two plays but do not have the fitness to defend for long periods or make 15 drives and 15 tackles per game...  It will be a big problem during the regular season.

Really do not wish to burst the optimism before the season has stated but 5th is the best we will get this year in my opinion.     

Boxer could you come and talk to me about Haven when I can't get to sleep at night? I don't know what it is but everytime I read one of your posts I just start to yawn and fall to sleep!
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2008, 06:31:22 pm by Chorley Blue and Gold »

Monte2carlo

Reply #6 on: 07 Feb 2008, 06:00:00 pm
 ;D Sorry Boxer but i think you are wrong on this ocassion its to early to judge any performances

Monte

PS I would be suprised if Havens very own Kevin Iro will be playing on Sunday it will be a few weeks before he defrosts !

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 08 Feb 2008, 07:31:53 pm
boxer is only on here for one reason and thats to get everybodys back up. he is laying down bait and too many people are taking it so just laff it off and let him post away on his own he will soon get bored. dont play into his hands
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 09 Feb 2008, 08:04:48 am
If you can't handle someone holding an opinion different from your own then why are you here?

Boxer's expectations are perhaps set a little too high but he should be able to make his doubts known if he wants to.  I don't see anything outrageous in his assessment of the team in this thread at least.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 09 Feb 2008, 10:16:26 am
obviously you are one of the big codfish then eh
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 09 Feb 2008, 12:50:04 pm
to a certain extent i agree with rdc, boxer, along with everyone else who uses this forum is entitled to his opinion, and is entitled to be shown some courtesy, whether you or i agree with what he says is then OUR opinions, but the most stupid comment i read on here is NEVER from boxer, it is in fact from those whose best response is the usual "GO AND SUPPORT TOWN!" crap

"Just cause you don't understand what's going on
don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it,
don't mean it ain't no good"
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 09 Feb 2008, 01:26:26 pm
ok i give in sorry boxer
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 10 Feb 2008, 12:17:07 am
aww silver! look what u done ha ha
ANCIENT AND LOYAL