HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

GB Management are Pathetic.

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 18 Nov 2006, 11:56:53 am
Playing without a recognised kicker and an untested half back pairing along with the fact that Horne hasnt played for a month we were never going to beat the Aussies. McGuire - Burrow would have been a far better option with Burrows kicking prowess and the fact that they play together at club level.

Id love to know the real reason Long went home, the term bottler springs to mind.

With the rah rahs doing so badly at the moment a good tournament would have been a real bonus in increasing interest in the game, however due to poor decisions on a number of fronts we return home embarassed again.

I dread to think what will happen come the World Cup when the team will revert back to seperate nations again.

WHATS THE POINT?

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2006, 12:27:19 pm
who would you have picked reg to ensure we had a recognised goalkicker? and yes the so called rah rahs are doing badly but i think they will win today and wouldnt we just love one of their goalkickers. the fact is we cant match the skill levels of the aussies so no point blaming the management in my opinion.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

havenchamps2005

Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2006, 12:32:07 pm
another positive from reg run next he will calling for the gb managerial staff to be sacked  ::) ::)
burrows kicks goals but has played less then horne burrows must be atleast 2 months where as horne was a month
long  bottler your having a laugh reg he beat the aussies on his own the other week so how you can call sean long a bottler is a joke and YOU ARE PATHETIC reg call yourself a rugby fan you do nothing but have a go!!! go watch golf or tennis or something

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2006, 01:19:01 pm
didnt long get sent home for betting or was it sumet else just what iv heard

havenchamps2005

Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2006, 03:43:42 pm
noble daniel anderson and the gb staff said long was sent home for the birth of his child but there are rumours it was betting

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2006, 06:26:47 pm
give the gb job to reg he seems a expert on all rugby matters from boardroom to pick in team

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2006, 09:07:11 pm
What so Noble's selection policy has done wonders for GB over the past three years? The lack of rugby knowledge on these boards is astounding. Noble stated that players who represent GB have to 'earn the jersey'. What Gleeson, Horne, McGuire et all have done to earn the jersey is beyond me.

Long may have contributed to the ONE victory against Aus earlier on in the series but where was he in the two games against NZ? Can you imagine if for arguments sake Steven Gerrard suddenly decided ' ah im tired, im going home' he would be crucified publicly on the front page of every tabloid newspaper from Lands End to John 'o' Groats.

As for people commenting that i merely like 'slaging people off' then perhaps you should take off your rose tinted spectacles and actually watch a game of rugby instead of mincing about in cheap Carlotti tracksuits PRETENDING to be rugby supporters. Where were you on those dark Winter afternoons watching us get hammered every week?

As for the GB management being sacked? No need Nobles contract is now up and will not be renewed.

havenchamps2005

Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2006, 09:24:55 pm
on those dark winter afteroons reg i was stood where the away team comes out watching whitehaven getting some bad beatings.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2006, 09:30:10 pm
on those dark winter afteroons reg i was stood where the away team comes out watching whitehaven getting some bad beatings.

Dark  winter  afternoonns............what  year  are  we  talking  about  then.........1995  by  anychance 8)

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 18 Nov 2006, 09:37:42 pm
reg iv not a carlotti track
What so Noble's selection policy has done wonders for GB over the past three years? The lack of rugby knowledge on these boards is astounding. Noble stated that players who represent GB have to 'earn the jersey'. What Gleeson, Horne, McGuire et all have done to earn the jersey is beyond me.

Long may have contributed to the ONE victory against Aus earlier on in the series but where was he in the two games against NZ? Can you imagine if for arguments sake Steven Gerrard suddenly decided ' ah im tired, im going home' he would be crucified publicly on the front page of every tabloid newspaper from Lands End to John 'o' Groats.

As for people commenting that i merely like 'slaging people off' then perhaps you should take off your rose tinted spectacles and actually watch a game of rugby instead of mincing about in cheap Carlotti tracksuits PRETENDING to be rugby supporters. Where were you on those dark Winter afternoons watching us get hammered every week?

As for the GB management being sacked? No need Nobles contract is now up and will not be renewed.
D
                i vote reg for gb coaching job and des and dave watch your jobs reg is about
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2006, 09:42:55 pm by grandstand »

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 19 Nov 2006, 07:15:13 am
poor  reg!
it now appears you can not have an opinion on here unless it a positive one, you are no longer allowed to voice an opinion unless it agrees with the rest and it is a good thing you are saying.

How dare you have an opinion that nobody else agrees with! you bad man! ;D ;D

come on everybody, leave the guy alone,

he is entitled to his opinion just the same as everyone else, you may not like what he says but thats what tese forums are about
wouldnt it be boring if we only posted the "CORRECT" things on here?

he is quite correct about sean long<or not so long if its on tour!!>  what exactly did he do in the 2 games against NZ?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

havenchamps2005

Reply #11 on: 19 Nov 2006, 02:38:28 pm
so i guess you wernt commenting on how good sean long was when he beat the aussies on his own 3 weeks ago?

Offline From the Jam Butty Mines

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 19 Nov 2006, 03:41:50 pm
One swallow does make it summer - similarly one good match doesn't make Long a world class player. Like Cunningham he never seems to live up to his reputation when it comes to playing against the Aussies. 

As for him being homesick - what a mummy's boy - he's only been away for 4 weeks or so.

GB have a habit of picking the what is perceived to be the 'best' 13 players and then fitting them into the team regardless of their position. We should be picking the best player in each position.

havenchamps2005

Reply #13 on: 19 Nov 2006, 04:29:11 pm
long never said he was homesick  ::) it was because his gf is ready to have his child and he didnt want to miss the birth. cunningham is a world class player and is proberly the best hooker in the world.

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 19 Nov 2006, 08:01:53 pm
If Cunningham is World Class then how come hes never done anything internationally? Hes far from the best hooker in the world. Sean Long's partner isnt due to give birth for another 7 weeks. Its not as if he just had it sprung on him 3 weeks into the tour.