HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Another win.

Guest · 24 · 2643

Monte2carlo

on: 10 Feb 2008, 04:40:32 pm
Well done Haven for beating the Town again.

Did Town do there usual lap of honour for loosing  ;D

I didn't go today as i have already give them lot one lot of entrance money this year

Monte

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2008, 05:22:09 pm
I  thought  Town  played  quite  well  in  what  was  at  times  a  scrappy  game.  I  don't  think  the  victory  was  ever  in  doubt  but  we  must  do  better  next  week.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2008, 05:56:24 pm
Well done Haven for beating the Town again.

Did Town do there usual lap of honour for loosing  ;D

I didn't go today as i have already give them lot one lot of entrance money this year

Monte

yep.even high fiving each other at the end.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2008, 08:32:32 pm
today showed that dr has got the ability to motivate players and he has obviously come up with a game plan to make us look very ordinary at times today. the class told in the end but what a big effort from town today i thought they played really well and the half backs were outstanding. thought derrie had his best game as a haven player today .we will win next week ;)
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2008, 09:00:09 pm
and his gameplan worked a treat didnt it, ermmmmmmmmmm ditherjams team 18 crareys team 26

well done indeed ditherjam, apparantly the first time you have ever had a gameplan........... and it didnt work!!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2008, 09:04:47 pm
muppet
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2008, 09:20:25 pm
thanks monte for your post above. it shows you acknowledge a much improved town performance against a near full strength haven side . not the drubbing you expected eh but the better side did win.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2008, 09:32:12 pm
ps monte your 60-0 prediction was way way way off, although i do say  the best team won monte.  :D :D

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2008, 09:46:53 pm
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 10 Feb 2008, 10:43:26 pm
Crarey has promised attacking Rugby so far we have looked fairly ordinary against Keighly and Town.  given the relative playing resources Towwn over achieved today we did not.  If your happy with the performence today then great...but lets be frank it was our woest display against Town in the last three years.  Very little on show in "ATTACK" at all.

Halifax away next week   ...any predictions... will Crareys attacking Rugby finally turn up?

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 10 Feb 2008, 11:15:41 pm
well seeing keighley put 40 past fax i think it might
haven till i die

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2008, 12:28:25 am
Very Scrappy game today, thought the ref had a very poor game, failed to penalise Town for slowing the play of the ball down at almost every tackle, kept a very shallow 10 yards (there were several that you would be lucky it was 5 ! ) and the Head Hunt on Edmundson was a straight red card, same guy (no 11)  did another 2 mins later that he ignored.

Having said that we should never have let them back into the game in the second half.

MUST DO BETTER

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2008, 02:08:36 am
very poor effort today by us thought town did slow the game down and we played the game at the level and pace but a wins a win but really disopointed today efforts must be doubled next week

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2008, 02:30:21 am
very poor effort today by us thought town did slow the game down and we played the game at there level and pace but a wins a win but really disopointed today efforts must be doubled next week

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 11 Feb 2008, 09:36:16 am
very poor effort today by us thought town did slow the game down and we played the game at the level and pace but a wins a win but really disopointed today efforts must be doubled next week

You have to give credit to Town for doing that though. They knew they hadn't got the same pace or attacking flair as we have so they played to their strengths and slowed the game down. They also closed Duffy and Rudd down for long periods and that stifled us. Fair play to them, they upped their game and had done their homework and their game plan worked for them. Ok, they lost but overall they managed a much improved performance compared to recent years. So I think instead of criticising Haven's performance we should be giving Town a bit of credit for theirs and making it difficult for us.