Boxer · 41 · 3341

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 11 Feb 2008, 12:11:37 am
we WILL go well this season

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 17 Feb 2008, 03:49:12 pm
GOD help us next week at Halifax  ..  Let Crarey expalain next week away   If we get within 12 points it will be a miracle!  .

yeah god help us against a team that conceded 40 points today
[/quote]

Yeah god help us against a team that has put 20 on us in 40 minutes

Monte2carlo

Reply #17 on: 17 Feb 2008, 03:54:50 pm
Hmm so then how bad are we today ???

Monte

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #18 on: 17 Feb 2008, 03:56:46 pm
Hmm so then how bad are we today ???

Monte

DO you really need to ask Monte?  In a word:   DIRE!
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Monte2carlo

Reply #19 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:08:57 pm
So whats gone wrong then ?  I hope it is just down to a transition period only between the two coaches

Monte

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:50:37 pm
im just waiting for boxer to appear with his usual nonsense (sack crarey, makisi is useless) well ile stick by cresta nrc whos botherd about it ? im certainley not im rather they did away with it and made it a knock out comp, makisi 2nd 40 minutes in 5 months had 3 training sessions with the lads its gonna take time for him to settle in, imo i would drop spencer next week he hasnt played well since he returned from honeymoon last season drop him to the reserve grade, mcavoy and fletch 2nd rowers sicey back to the bench, i would leave leroy out have sicey,howard,edmundson and mcdonald on the bench

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #21 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:54:16 pm
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:58:30 pm
im not to bothered about the nrc but i am bothered about getting hammered 48-16 by a team we beat 3 times last season >:( john cox said Makisi looked "out of he's depth" i agree drop Spencer but from what i heard Leroy was one of our best players today and so far this season  :o i wouldnt drop him
haven till i die

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 17 Feb 2008, 05:01:33 pm
im just waiting for boxer to appear with his usual nonsense (sack crarey, makisi is useless) well ile stick by cresta nrc whos botherd about it ? im certainley not im rather they did away with it and made it a knock out comp, makisi 2nd 40 minutes in 5 months had 3 training sessions with the lads its gonna take time for him to settle in, imo i would drop spencer next week he hasnt played well since he returned from honeymoon last season drop him to the reserve grade, mcavoy and fletch 2nd rowers sicey back to the bench, i would leave leroy out have sicey,howard,edmundson and mcdonald on the bench

Most people seem to think Makisi is well out of his depth so boxer is not alone on that score.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 17 Feb 2008, 05:06:33 pm
ile say again

2 80 minute games in 5 months really going to be match fit isnt he?? didnt think so 3 training sessions with the rest of the squad gelled in with the rest of the lads learned all the moves? didnt think so

FOR GOD SAKE PEOPLE GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO SETTLE IN  ::)

haven lad 06

halifax are a far better side than last season and are the dark horses in the league this season, they have bought well in terms of quality and 3 players last season who only had half seasons or were injured for most of it are back this year for them and all 3 are quality players dont be to surprised to see them up there challenging for a grand final spot
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2008, 05:08:05 pm by haven09 »

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 17 Feb 2008, 05:09:43 pm
of course makisi is out of his depth- he has relocated from another side of the world, completely different climate, doesnt know anyone and has got thousands of marras expecting him to be super league standard give the lad time and im sure he will become a very good player.

on the cresta front- i know he hasnt been at the helm long but with regards to him bringing in his style of rugby, the only thing i believe that has changed from last year is our defence- its awful, we have been renouned for having good defence over the past 4/5 seasons.... time will tell
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 17 Feb 2008, 05:11:47 pm
ile say again

2 80 minute games in 5 months really going to be match fit isnt he?? didnt think so 3 training sessions with the rest of the squad gelled in with the rest of the lads learned all the moves? didnt think so

FOR GOD SAKE PEOPLE GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO SETTLE IN  ::)

haven lad 06

halifax are a far better side than last season and are the dark horses in the league this season, they have bought well in terms of quality and 3 players last season who only had half seasons or were injured for most of it are back this year for them and all 3 are quality players dont be to surprised to see them up there challenging for a grand final spot

And i'll say again go on frontrow forums and ask about him and you will find most people say he is pants, send skinner a pm and ask him about him, he wasn't good enough for reserve grade over there.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 17 Feb 2008, 05:19:49 pm
just like joel penny wasnt good enough for reserve grade over there?
just like sam obst wasnt good enough for reserve grade over there?
just like ryan tandy wasnt good enough for reserve grade over there
just like aaron summers wasnt good enough for reserve grade over there?

all those were released from their clubs to join haven, or are we expecting ever player now to be a world beater than joins us from the other side of the world, it took joel penny the entire nrc to settle was everyone on his back? it took sam obst 4-5 games to settle in was everyone on his back? 

as for cox saying "he's out of his depth" what does cox know he talks more crap than boxer

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 17 Feb 2008, 05:51:10 pm
All those players played a few NRL games in Aus apart from Summers.

I can honestly say all those players (poss exception of Summers ..who wasn't a quota signing) you have listed may have taken a little time to settle in but from thr first match you could see they had some class i.e power speed or handling skills which were above others in our team. 

They all in more than a handful of games were a big difference in us  winning games.

I did not see a single thing from the Tongan last week and this week against the standard he is going to be playing agaianist each week we are told he looked out his depth.

If jackson was fit he would be dropped next week.   May still be if Elibeck is not to badly injured.  Mcavoy and Eilbeck would be a better bet.   

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 17 Feb 2008, 05:59:34 pm
so makisi's defence wasnt impressive against town because he impressed me. you just dont have time for anythin boxer youve got a massive chip on your shoulder and have got a serious problem with cresta and makisi why i dont know,

but ile say again go to your beloved dave rotherham at workington then you will have something to complain about