HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Rotherham ..knows what he is doing !

Boxer · 41 · 3339

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 17 Feb 2008, 06:07:24 pm
just like joel penny wasnt good enough for reserve grade over there?
just like sam obst wasnt good enough for reserve grade over there?
just like ryan tandy wasnt good enough for reserve grade over there
just like aaron summers wasnt good enough for reserve grade over there?

all those were released from their clubs to join haven, or are we expecting ever player now to be a world beater than joins us from the other side of the world, it took joel penny the entire nrc to settle was everyone on his back? it took sam obst 4-5 games to settle in was everyone on his back? 

as for cox saying "he's out of his depth" what does cox know he talks more crap than boxer

No those players were all rated quite highly if you bothered to go on that site and checked them out, not good enough for NRL but good prospects is what was said about them.
Makisi meanwhile is rated as a non starter over there.
Lazy, defenceless, clueless is what was said about him.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #31 on: 17 Feb 2008, 06:19:11 pm
An  view from a Fax fan on the tongan

That kiwi centre they are getting hyped up about looked very poor

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 17 Feb 2008, 06:20:13 pm
some people on here are jokes the lad has played 2 games in 5 months give him a bloody chance!!!!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 17 Feb 2008, 06:29:45 pm
Before he came to this country he has been training with Paramatta eels who are a top side in NRL. He was described as unstoppable from 20 yards out.

He  should  then  be  fit  despite  playing  so  few  games.  He  could  still  prove  top  quality  with  more  games  under  his  belt  but  gut  feeling  is  possibly  a  poor  signing.  His  record  was  nothing  sparkling  down  under.  Lets  hope  he  improves.

Offline picasso kid

• Academy Signing
Reply #34 on: 17 Feb 2008, 06:41:37 pm
Before he came to this country he has been training with Paramatta eels who are a top side in NRL. He was described as unstoppable from 20 yards out.

He  should  then  be  fit  despite  playing  so  few  games.  He  could  still  prove  top  quality  with  more  games  under  his  belt  but  gut  feeling  is  possibly  a  poor  signing.  His  record  was  nothing  sparkling  down  under.  Lets  hope  he  improves.

Can you remember when we 1st got centre Gus Brown.........over weight, slow, poor etc, etc, but once Stan Martin got him fit he was a different player and became a crowd favourite.
I am reserving judgement for a few week until he has had his chance to adapt and get fully fit

PK

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 17 Feb 2008, 07:49:39 pm
well said picasso kid

there offside ref

Reply #36 on: 17 Feb 2008, 08:12:10 pm
new players take time to settle into the team.
give them a chance. get behind the team instead of knocking them all the time

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #37 on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:44:34 pm
new players take time to settle into the team.
give them a chance. get behind the team instead of knocking them all the time
some people only enjoy slaging players off . if these so called experts are so good why arnt they playing or coaching ???

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #38 on: 17 Feb 2008, 11:59:12 pm
How about a reality check by everyone posting on this forum, I think it's pathetic having to sit and read the bull---- some so called expert supporters are trying to push down other peoples throats (Boxer in particular).

Fair enough today's result is a set back for everyone involved in the club, coaches, players and supporters alike but it needs everyone to pull together to encourage, build a fighting spirit and move forward, it's when backs are against the wall that you find out the character and the fight in the individuals involved again the coaches, players and the supporters, including everyone who uses this site.

To me the biggest negative we have to the whole process of moving forward at the moment are the idiots posting nothing but criticism on this site, it does no one any favors especially at this early stage of the season,

"Give people a chance to put new structures into place".

I rarely post at all, but in the past when reading the "Boxer and other peoples bull----" slagging off people I've suggested these people should have the guts to put their names to the posts, and I still believe "Put up or shut up".

So come on show some support and let's help turn the restructuring of the club into a success, and make sure we encourage the coaches and players especially the young lads who will be coming into the team. 

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:48:06 am
best post on here for a while well said marra

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 18 Feb 2008, 02:55:17 am
i thought i heard paul crarey say the team wer firing nearly on all cylinders and wer fitter than ever wer ws this today fax fans saying the team is overweight shows a lot

thers gotta be an improvement next sunday